Chapter # 8

••• Prince •••

"Promise me, Prince... You will protect Valencia's daughter at all cost."

Dad pleaded in his dying moments and I was utterly infuriated at the fact he still cared for her daughter. Yeah, I agree she was our ideal... but..

"What is she to us that I take responsibility of her?!" I shouted.

Hugging his bloodied form closer, trying to control my tears as the anguish spread around, the place was turned into a bloodbath and amid this, I lost my father too.

"Just promise me.. We.. Are.. In Valencia's debt... please... keep her safe.. from everyone.. from Aces... they will kill her... protect her... From this life. Protect her how Young Master Nathaniel would..."

He coughed up blood, taking his last moments. After struggling, tears still streamed down my face as I slammed my hand on the ground.

"FUCK!" I cursed, lowering my head, shredding tears, crying silently at my Father's death, refusing to let go of his body.

"We have retrieved the last Alroy, Young Lord. We have to leave, they are chasing us!"

My most trusted man, Garry shouted, rushing to my side while holding a three years old baby who was crying and gaining our enemies' attention.

Sniffing and wiping my tears, I nodded and stood up, "Take the body! And take the emergency exit, if necessary, throw the body to use as a distraction but all of you must come alive!" I ordered, getting up with a heavy heart.

I was seventeen, I had dreams, a life ahead of me but it was all stolen from me. Taking the position of the leader of Poison Ivy, one the most dangerous mafia families, also the pillars- one step under an Ace which were basically like Kings.

Giving my first heartless order, discarding my own father's body and throwing it away, to use it as distraction.

I couldn't bury my Father's body.

Who does that?!

"What about Nathaniel and Persephone? Are they safe? Uncle?" I asked hastily.

"Walsh was with them, I only got her from her Mother's dead body. Other are probably dead too." He informed me.

"What a cruel end..." I whispered.

My vision was still blurred with tears but reloading the gun, I moved back with a heavy heart and crushed dreams at the age of seventeen and ran with everyone.

"They are here!" A guy shouted, I stopped and moved back, knowing my targets never missed I managed to save him.

"Young Lord!" Garry tried to cover me but I shouted.

"Throw the body!"

Hesitant at first but they complied and we managed to run away from there. That was the day it all started, just to protect a fucking three year old baby, we lost our leader.

"Did you have her?" I asked breathless, having no strength left in me, after we came out.

Garry nodded and showed me her innocent face, unaware what chaos took place only by her existence.

"Killing her would be so easy. Let her die with her whole lineage." I muttered, glaring at her, crying by the gunshot and gore.

"She is just three, Young Lord. Shh, shh, baby don't cry." Garry gasped. Scoffing, I brought my hand to touch her but stopped because I had blood on my hands.

"Shh, don't cry. Everything's okay now. You're safe, you know it nothing can harm you when I am here." I whispered unintentionally.

"You're her guard after all." Garry added.