Chapter # 39

Blinking, my vision adjusted itself to the dimly lit room, looking around to make my surroundings, seemingly I was in a warehouse.

Shaking my head to clear the throbbing pain in my mind, I looked up and saw Zaniel sitting right in front of me with a dark smirk on his face.

The longer I stared at his face, the longer I realized the person I met years ago was long dead in him, leaving him as an obsessive man, ready to kill which is not his.

"Hello love, it seems like you are awake." He smirked.

Leaning forward, narrowing my eyes at him in repulsion, a growl escaping my throat for daring to kidnap me like this.

"Why the hell am I here?" I asked, getting up. Luckily he hasn't tied me, thinking he could overpower me easily.

"Simple. To meet your end." He snickered, putting his one leg over the other.

"As if it could happen." I smirked, scoffing at his thoughts.

"It will." He got up, walking to me. I also stood up, closing my arms at my chest.

Scrutinizing my form, he asked, "What the Prince had that you love him beyond all odds?" His voice came out dejected but I don't care.

"I don't seek reasons to love him." I replied coldly, closing my arms at my chest.

"And this love is going to drown you now." He snarled.

Grabbing my hairs and pushing me over the sacs, holding my hands at back as I tried to struggle to get out from his grasp but to no avail, he will indulge in this to the core.

"Leave me! Zaniel let me go!" I shouted but my efforts were in vain.

"How could you do this to me, Cinzel!?" He shouted, tightening his grip over mine.

"I believe in you, I thought you love me as much as I love you... but no. If you can't be mine, you can't become his either." He snarled, leaning down to my ears.

Did he forget that I am pregnant? He knew that.

"You have lost it, Zaniel." I whispered, glaring at him, looking for a way to get out.

"No. I haven't. I am simply going to punish you for toying with my feelings." He sneered, snuggling to my neck, evoking immense aversion.

"I did?! Have you lost your mind? It was you who was playing with me all this time." I pushed him away and tried to run but he grabbed my throat.

Taking out a pocket knife and piercing it through my hand to stay in place.

"Ahh!" I screamed in place when the scarlet liquid flowed from my hand.

Tears pricked in my eyes, realizing he wouldn't hesitate to slit my throat.

"Hush, love."

Placing a kiss on my neck, he moved back a little. I stopped struggling knowing it will lead me nowhere. I noticed a door in the corner.

"Oh, it seems like you are aware of your fate. Good, give in quietly." He smirked.

Mocking me but I lowered my head and hit his foot, causing him to stumble back, kicking his groin. I ducked, stole the gun on his back and ran out of the warehouse.

But all my hopes shattered when I realized I am caged in his place, I have nowhere to go. I am stuck here, there's no way out of this hell.

Running, some guys noticed me. I tried to shoot them but this bastard's gun was empty.

"Fuck!" Cursing, I threw the gun and began to run away.

Run, Run, Run.

My mind constantly repeated this word like a mantra to find liberation from this trepidation.