Chapter # 13

••• Zaniel •••

"You are soaked." I told Cinzel casually who was crying in the rain after being bullied as a freshman by her seniors.

"Besides, this rain can't conceal your tears." I smiled at her, turning to glimpse at her puffy face.

Whiffing, she puffed at me, "What do you want? Leave me alone." Snarling, she was about to walk away but I came after her.

"Crying alone will only make you miserable, if you want, my shoulder is free." I offered her sweetly.

Stopping in her tracks, she turned to me, "Why...?"

"Hmm. Let's see. I saw you crying and it hurt me." I grinned, wiping her tears with my handkerchief.

"You are also a senior, you must be pranking me or something." She muttered.

"I don't know about pranks but this loneliness is surely deadly, so why not accept the offer?"

I continued to smile, trying to lure her in my trap of charisma to get near her heart as per Father's orders.

"You are weird." She mumbled, looking and walking.

"Well, I am glad you stopped crying." I chuckled.

"By the way, I am Zaniel Ayle."

"Cinzel Collins."

I walked her to the bus stop, she didn't raise her head, only walked with me as I couldn't help but to stare at the irresistibly adorable shade on her nose, red from crying. Those big eyes gleaming innocence.

"Why are you looking at me like this?" She asked, finally looking up to me.

"You are very pretty."

"Hearing it from the handsome Zaniel Ayle sounds odd." She mumbled as we stopped at the stop.

"You truly are." I smiled, pinching her nose before leaving and after it, I perished the moment which ever dared to bring tears to her eyes being the guy she ever dreamed of.

That moment only she existed for me.

Not as someone I tended to manipulate rather who she is, someone I adored from time to time as a reminder she was destined to be mine...

••••••

The screeching sound of the slap echoed in my apartment, unfazed my eyes were fixed upon the ground.

"How the hell did that happen?!" My Father, Theo Ayle, shouted.

"I don't know, she was wearing the Poison Ivy's ring, I couldn't control my impulses so I was about to kill her but Prince came and saved her." I explained what happened to him again which infuriated him.

"Fuck!" He cursed, pulling his hair.

But, I ask myself was it necessary for her to pour water on our hollow home of paper? Moreover with my Uncle.

Why did Prince marry her after knowing our bond? He would never deliberately hurt me then why?

"For all these years, we were trying to get our hands on her without letting her know and This Prince came out of nowhere!" He scowled, blaming me for not paying enough heed towards her.

"This girl was the only vessel for Shadows to beat Poison Ivy. Heck not just that but to rule the underworld!"

He continued to burst his rage, cursing at me of how I could lead our Legion Shadow to top.

Sitting bitterly while I stared at my vulnerable hands devoid of how swiftly, without thinking twice I pointed the gun at her. How could I do this?

Of course my gun was empty but it was the first time I became the reason for her tear.