Chapter # 12

"Do you have any idea what your presence means in Zaniel's wedding?! You have obligations as head of the family, Prince!" My elder sister, Penelope, yelled at me.

She complained over the phone, my negligence towards the family matters was a serious issue but I had dumbbells of afflictions over my head.

Besides, How do they expect me to go and ask hand for marriage for the person who is my fucking wife?!

"I understand, Penny but-" I tried to convince her but to no avail, my words were superficial.

"No, you don't, Prince. We have to go but you are not here."

Her series of scolding came as I sighed in response earning a gasp from her.

"Don't you dare to sigh. Stop doing this, Prince."

"Penelope."

"What?"

"Do you know the girl?" I asked, pinching the bridge of my nose, wanting to know if she is involved in this matter or not.

"Of course I do. Her name is Cinzel Collins, she is a sweet girl, they were in the same high school. Our Zaniel loves her." She reasoned and I felt funny about how oblivious she was about the fatality.

I couldn't help but to chuckle, "What happened?"

"Nothing, I will be home on Friday, we will sort every matter one by one." I told her calmly.

"Promise me, everyone is missing you. At home, at least for Sky."

"I know. I'll be there."

"Good."

"Okay then, take care. Bye." With this, I cut the call.

Mentally preparing myself for the upcoming mayhem taking place at the center of my palace, invoking irremovable aversions.

Things were going to get messy.

I knew Cinzel was desperate for a chance to run away so I gave her one.

I told the servants I won't be coming home tonight and if she tries to run, don't stop her. Let her confront her so-called reality.

It makes me chuckle when she thinks she ran away while in reality, I was the one who provided this interlude.

Ah, the face when she will find me at her fiancé- I mean Penelope's Son, my Nephew, Zaniel's place.

No one except Garry knows about our wedding and if Zaniel came to know what I did to his beloved, he wouldn't hesitate to eliminate her out of his way.

I love him deeply, I had done everything for him and I knew how impulsive and obsessive he could become.

He always got what he pointed his finger at, none of us could say to him but not this time.

"I am sorry, Zaniel, not this time." I muttered, leaning back.

As if I couldn't perceive he wanted to marry the last Alroy to enhance his status in the underworld. Greed...

But, too bad I poured my marriage bomb on his head.

That was the problem with his young blood, ready to slaughter what couldn't provide him advantage and I had to stop it.

Reaching at the final moment, just as I predicted, he came to know she is in Poison Ivy and was enraged by this, ready to kill her but in my presence, it was futile to even graze her skin.

I reached at the edge, kicking the door close to avoid disputes and pointed my gun at Zaniel.

"Zaniel." I called him impassively.