Chapter-2

Another day, the same routine. The Uzumaki rose from his bed, enduring a brief hangover that vanished within minutes, courtesy of being the Kyubi's jinchuriki, or at least a part of it. The memories were still vivid in his mind...

~Flashback~

Konoha was engulfed in flames, the onslaught of the most formidable tailed beast wreaking havoc upon the village. Shinobi gave their lives, whether in combat with the tailed beast or in the rescue of as many people as possible.

"Ahg!" A three-year-old blond boy was carried by a 16-year-old teenager with spiked silver hair. The teenager's left eye was concealed, and a mask concealed the lower part of his face. The young man had to jump and maneuver multiple times to evade collapsing buildings.

"Kakashi-nee, where are we going?!" shouted the boy on the shinobi's back, who remained focused on the nine-tailed beast being battled and ultimately sealed by a colossal toad summoned by his master. The boy vanished in a golden flash.

"I must take you to Sensei!" responded the teenager, giving his all to run as swiftly as possible, weaving through the burning structures. He disregarded the pleas for help from civilians caught in the crossfire between the biju and the shinobi. However, the boy listened intently to the calls for aid.

"That's where we need to help them!" His cries fell on deaf ears as his older brother continued to run. Gritting his teeth, the blonde boy considered leaping off the shinobi's back, but his grip tightened. "We can't leave them! Stop-"

"We can't save them all! You are more important!" the teenager declared with resolve before lapsing into silence. He shot a serious glance at the Uzumaki, who remained silent before letting out a loud scream. They pressed forward, and the young Hatake led them into Konoha's forests, just in time for a sort of golden force field to materialize in the form of countless golden chains.

The two boys watched as the mighty nine-tailed beast was ensnared by hundreds of these golden chains, emanating from a weary Kushina Uzumaki, who cradled a bundle in her arms. "Oka-san!" Jumping off the shinobi's back, the Uzumaki rushed to his mother, kneeling beside her.

"Naruto-chan..." The red-haired woman, visibly fatigued, greeted her eldest son with a tired smile. She lowered the bundle in her arms, revealing a tiny baby only a few minutes old. "Look... This is Natsumi... your little sister," she whispered weakly, presenting the newborn to her son. Nearby, the Yondaime Hokage was meticulously weaving a series of complex seals.

"Well done, Kakashi," the blonde Namikaze expressed his gratitude, patting his student's shoulder. Kakashi, still catching his breath, nodded solemnly. He then adopted a more serious demeanor, conjuring an altar and summoning a spectral figure behind it, a sight visible only to him and the captive beast, which struggled mightily against its restraints. "Naruto..." The Hokage called his son's attention and approached him.

"Oto-san..." Naruto responded slowly as he received his sister, gently placed by his father on the altar. He was positioned in front of the altar, and his father, with a calm smile, lovingly patted his head.

"Minato, wait! Not them! You'll burden them with a weight no one should bear!" Kushina's desperate cry attempted to reach her children, but her focus remained on restraining the biju. Any movement on her part risked everyone's lives. Naruto looked at his father with fear, but Minato made him meet his gaze squarely.

"You remember what we discussed, right... a shinobi," he began with a weakening voice, locking eyes with his son.

"You must always watch over your village, no matter the cost," he concluded, reaffirming the words of his father. Minato smiled weakly.

"Indeed... Now, as Hokage, I appoint you a shinobi of Konoha." Rising to his feet, he turned his back to his son and faced the captive tailed beast. He clapped his hands together and formed a hand seal. "As my final decree as Hokage, you must promise me the following conditions..." Blood trickled from his mouth as he felt his vision blur. "Protect and care for your village…"

"I promise," came the feeble response from the boy, his head lowered. Despite his tender age, he was keenly aware of the harsh realities of the world around him. He understood that they were now in peril, and his father would be tasked with resolving it, even if it meant sacrificing his own life.

"That you will always prioritize the safety of your comrades, and you'll be willing to do whatever it takes to ensure the village thrives and enjoys peace... no matter the cost," the Hokage declared solemnly. He felt the touch of Shinigami's hand passing through him and proceeding directly toward the Kyubi. Another hand traversed him, repeating the same action.

"I promise," the boy affirmed, closing his eyes, though silent tears welled up within him. He had to open his eyes when he witnessed his father sinking to his knees. Slowly, the Hokage turned to face his son.

"That you..." he raised his hands, removing his blood-stained bandana, and approached to secure it on the young Uzumaki's forehead. "...you will protect your family... your Oka-san... and your younger sister..." Gradually, the light in his eyes dimmed.

"I promise!" the blonde shouted, witnessing a brilliant radiance before him. The last thing he saw was his father's proud smile. The nine-tailed beast split into two—one a black sphere with red details and the other orange with a white flash. The darker sphere pierced the boy's chest, causing searing heat within him. As for the orange sphere, it descended upon the little girl on the altar, who began to cry as it merged with her.

Silence fell as Minato's body gradually crumpled, only to be caught by the young blonde, who clutched his father's lifeless form. Tears streamed uncontrollably, and with a heart-wrenching cry, he mourned his father's sacrifice.

~End Flashback~