chapter-13

"I remember that time in the great shinobi war when I was attacked by the Kaguya clan. I used their bones as toothpicks and let only a few escape so that they could spread the warning that the Nine-Tails Kitsune should not be disturbed." The Uzumaki sat at the table, eating his lunch, while the Nine-Tails' redhead companion sat with her back to him, casually eating some fish and rice.

"What a touching story," the blonde teenager thought sarcastically, not bothering to look at the Nine-Tails, who seemed rather bored.

"You know, despite this place being annoying, it's nice to feel the emotions of fear, jealousy, and anger from these brats," the Biju commented, her eyes scanning the students around them. "All of them fear or hate you. It doesn't surprise me. Humans are despicable beings who fear those they perceive as superior."

"I'm not superior to anyone. I'm just like any of them," the Uzumaki quickly corrected himself, pausing before adding, "As you say, I'm just another ordinary human, like any of them." The blonde's words prompted a snort of annoyance from the Nine-Tails.

"You're quite peculiar. Why do you stay here? It's obvious that no one wants you in this place. You're isolating yourself from the great opportunities that await you. Let's leave this dump and find some fun elsewhere. No one here cares about you." The redhead's words were laced with acid as she gazed intensely at the shinobi, their red and blue eyes meeting.

"You're more talkative than usual. You're right, no one wants me here, but that doesn't mean I care," the Uzumaki replied mentally as the silhouette of the redhead disappeared. Sighing, he prepared to continue with his lunch but was interrupted by someone standing in front of his table. Curious, he looked up to see Yaoyorozu approaching.

"Good morning, Uzumaki-san. I hope you don't mind if I sit with you," the Uzumaki noticed that the girl came from a higher social background, evident in her manner of speech, her straight posture, and her somewhat forced smile.

"It's a free country, Momo-san," was the simple response from the shinobi as he reached for the apple left on his tray. Upon his acceptance, the dark-haired teenager took a seat.

"Thank you," the girl responded with a forced smile, showing her gratitude for the dry words of the blonde. An uncomfortable silence hung between them. With an analytical gaze, the teenager noticed that her classmate had bandages on his wrists and part of his hands. She wondered to herself, "Could it be suicide attempts?" She briefly examined the shinobi's hands, but her scrutiny didn't go unnoticed.

"Curious?" The Uzumaki inquired, a smile tugging at his lips, causing the girl to avert her gaze. He then raised his right arm, removing the bandages to reveal his injured arm, displaying some bruises and cuts. The sight left the teenager gasping in surprise and disbelief.

"Street fights?" she asked cautiously, considering that he wouldn't be the first to engage in illegal fights using his Quirk. She observed carefully as the blonde calmly rewrapped his arm with the bandages.

"Ummm, no, I'm just undergoing rigorous training," he responded plainly, dismissing the theories or accusations from the black-haired girl. She appeared relieved.

"Well, that's a relief, because I would be compelled to report it to the authorities if that were the case. Fighting with our Quirks outside of designated facilities goes against the academy's rules, and it could even lead to expulsion," Momo explained earnestly, waiting for the blonde's reaction, who responded with a mocking smile.

"Expel me? Everyone here would like that," he remarked, casting a glance around, causing those who had been observing them to quickly avert their gaze. "They're not very good at speaking in a low voice," he added, pointing towards another table where students from Class 1-A sat. They tensed up upon realizing that they had been overheard.

"Um... well, I'm sorry if we were talking about you behind your back, but please understand that we don't wish for you to be expelled or anything," the girl replied, shifting uncomfortably in her seat.

"You don't need to lie... I know I'm not the nicest guy around. To be honest, my younger sister is the cheerful one who always makes friends with her silly and innocent demeanor... I wish I could be more like her," he sighed, rising from his seat. "Even if you're afraid of me or even angry at me... I can only tell you that I consider you all my comrades, part of this group. I know that you're all good people, which is why I promise I'll give my life to protect you." With those words, he left the table.

Momo, along with the rest of Class 1-A, appeared puzzled by his final statement. Despite how they had ignored and treated him, he regarded them as his comrades, part of a group. Before anyone could say anything else, the loud bell rang, signaling the end of lunch. With various thoughts on their minds, the students of Class 1-A headed to the locker room. In just a few minutes, they would depart for a trip to the rescue center.