Chapter-3

Frowning, the shinobi rose from his resting place, heading to the bathroom. In front of the mirror, he removed the bandage from his forehead, revealing an old bandana imprinted with the leaf symbol. It bore a scratch that betrayed his status as a renegade ninja. Even with his right eye concealed, he ran his hand over it in thought.

With a sigh, he undressed, revealing a body honed by years of rigorous training, yet adorned with prominent scars, notably a deep one crossing his chest, inflicted by a sword. He gently traced his finger along the scar, lost in contemplation, before proceeding to take a calm shower.

Minutes passed, and the shinobi emerged onto the streets, wearing a white sweatshirt, dark pants, blue shoes, and an aged brown backpack slung over his shoulder. Ignoring the people around him, he continued on his path. He had spent over six months in this city and knew it was time to move on. Staying in one place was a luxury he couldn't afford.

Being overly cautious was a hard-earned habit, but that was the life of a shinobi. In silence, he arrived at a train station. He perked up as he heard some commotion in the distance, catching sight of a giant man engaged in battle with a colossal woman whose attire, from his perspective, appeared somewhat suggestive.

"Wasn't that guy already defeated before?" a man in a suit nearby mused aloud. Instead of retreating to safety, the crowd gathered in front of the spectacle, treating it as if it were a show. But what was it really? A clash between good and evil? An act of heroism by the giant 'heroine'?

Not from the shinobi's perspective, who observed this with annoyance, it appeared to be merely a spectacle, perhaps training, until a genuine catastrophe struck, turning it into a grave matter, not in material terms but in something far more serious.

As someone inquired, "How can that villain roam free?" The system was far from perfect, often providing an easy escape route for those with connections. Taking these individuals and imprisoning them seemed like a futile endeavor. What was the point? The shinobi understood that such giants had already caused fatalities with their actions. Shinobi kept prisoners only if they possessed crucial information or something valuable to offer. It might have sounded cruel and even inhumane, but when had doing what was right ever been well-regarded?

Shaking off his thoughts, the blonde with bandages merely observed the ongoing battle and resumed his walk, choosing to ignore the spectacle. He checked the time on a nearby clock and decided to wait for the train to continue its route out of the city.

"Now who's the bitch?!"  The blonde-haired giant 'heroine' delivered a powerful blow to her opponent, sending him crashing to the ground. She wore a smug smile as cameras focused on their confrontation. But just as she was about to land the final blow, she was struck by a car thrown by a shark-nosed giant. Dazed, the woman staggered, clutching her forehead from the impact. "Hey, wait!" She growled in frustration as she watched the villain make a hasty retreat towards the subway station.

Grinning wickedly, he slipped into the crowd, seizing a handful of people as hostages – three children and one adult. "Back off, or these civilians will be harmed!" He raised his hands, showcasing his hostages to the onlookers who cried out for help.

"Damn coward!" The heroine found herself compelled to maintain a safe distance to prevent harm to the hostages, cursing her own momentary lapse of caution. She swallowed hard. "Just release them, and we can work something out!" At the subway station, it was evident that nearly everyone had evacuated, with the exception of one individual who closely monitored the unfolding events.

"You rotter! A single misstep, and it's all over for them!" Threatening with raised hands, several of the newly arrived heroes kept their distance, awaiting the arrival of negotiation experts.

Meanwhile, at a leisurely pace, Naruto distanced himself from the chaos spawned by the spectacle, which now teetered on the brink of tragedy. He felt no obligation to intervene. "Please, help! I don't want to die!" cried out one of the children, a six-year-old girl with blonde hair. She sobbed and struggled within the grasp of the giant, who, with a sense of amusement, lifted her with his free hand, separating her from the other hostages. However, the girl's distress unleashed a sudden, powerful sound wave caused by her crying. Irritated by the deafening noise that only intensified his earache, the giant forcefully seized her, causing onlookers to tense up.

"Brat..." She silenced the girl, extending her palm to grip the child's throat between her fingers. "I'll give you a real reason to scream." Applying a gentle squeeze, she unleashed the girl's shriek, a sound that seemed to carry for miles, rendering everyone helpless. Meanwhile, the blonde shinobi on the ground paused briefly, gazing at the earth, before shifting his attention back to the towering giant who held the hostages hostage. "To prove I'm not joking, I'll dispose of this kid!"

"..." Slipping his hand into his pocket, the shinobi continued his march, his expression dark, deliberately turning away from the unfolding drama.

"Stop!" Mt. Lady couldn't endure the girl's agonizing screams any longer and charged toward the giant, who tightened his grip on the girl's throat, causing blood to splatter all around. Time seemed to freeze when the giant's hand was cleanly severed, releasing a geyser of blood.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" Howling in pain, he clutched the bloody stump where his hand once was. Despite his agony, he realized he had been using the hand that held his other hostages, but now it was gone.

The girl who had been screaming just moments ago lay on the ground amidst the other hostages, all of them fixated on a shadowy figure standing before them. This teenager wielded a short sword, about 40 cm in length, with a dark handle, its blade stained with blood. "That's enough..." The blonde turned calmly to face the giant, who was preoccupied with the loss of his hand. "... I won't allow you to harm them." With those words, he pointed his blood-soaked sword at the enraged villain, who roared in fury.