chapter-14

Aizawa noticed that all his students were strangely slouched in their seats on the bus, which had only left a few minutes ago. Few were speaking, and it appeared to be related to several of them sneaking glances at the shinobi seated behind them, accompanied by a silent Toru.

Izuku, who was just a few seats in front of the blonde with a sword, sat next to Asui and Kirishima. The green-haired boy observed curiously as the Uzumaki sat with his eyes closed, appearing to be asleep.

"Umm, Uzumaki-san," however, he opened his eyes upon hearing Uraraka's voice. Looking at the brunette, he noticed that she was kneeling in her seat, looking directly at him. "Can I ask you a question?" she inquired.

Nodding his head, he leaned back in his seat to better address the girl, drawing the attention of several other students.

"You said you would give your life for us... Why?" Uraraka asked curiously. She was perplexed because on her first day, this guy had made fun of them, beaten them all, belittled their dreams, and even threatened to kill one of her classmates if they didn't kill her. These constant changes left her feeling very confused.

"It's part of my code," he replied calmly, gazing absentmindedly out of the bus window.

"Code?" an intrigued Shiori, who was sitting in front of Midoriya, chimed in. When the girl with mixed hair asked about the code, the blonde simply took a deep breath and looked at his classmates.

"My sensei told me that the most important thing a person can have are their own codes. Our codes are what define us as people – not stealing, not lying, not harming a loved one – perhaps some of the codes that you yourselves have to become better people. Each person has their own codes, and that's what makes us different from each other. Our own judgment tells us who we will be at the end of the day, or in simple terms, a 'hero' or a 'villain,'" the blonde explained in a relaxed manner. He then fell silent, allowing the students to contemplate his words.

Shouta, on the other hand, looked suspiciously at the boy. What he expressed were his ideals, and he could respect that. However, having personal rules could lead to ignoring society's rules, and this was one of the main reasons behind the existence of villains – they had their own goals and rules, often ignoring and breaking those set by society.

Taking a deep breath, the professor watched as the vehicle parked. They had arrived. Stepping off the bus, he was followed by the teenagers who looked in amazement at the large building in front of them. As they entered through the massive gates, they saw a dome divided into different disaster zones.

"Welcome," a guy in an astronaut-like suit appeared in front of the group. Naruto lost interest when Midoriya started talking unnecessarily about the hero in charge of the rescue wing. Curiously, he looked around and found it strange that the government was willing to spend so much money on building these places – it seemed like a waste of resources.

Nothing guaranteed that some of his classmates would become true heroes just by attending a selective academy, but it wasn't necessary to dwell on these details. "Is everything okay?" Naruto turned around to see a worried Momo, who was just a few steps away from him.

"Yes, but apparently, these suits you're wearing are helpful to you," he said, giving an analytical look to the dark-haired girl next to him, who felt uneasy under his scrutiny. "I've noticed that your quirk involves creating objects from your body fat, which is an incredibly challenging skill, in my opinion."

"Hey?" The teenager seemed confused by the sudden change of topic. At first, she thought he was merely staring at her due to her revealing outfit, but it appeared he was unfazed by that.

"Don't misunderstand me; your quirk is interesting. It not only allows you to create objects but also offers a wide range of options. I've learned that you're the top academic performer in the class, so your intellect deserves respect. I wouldn't be surprised if with your intelligence and ability, you become someone great in the future." With that, he continued on his way, leaving the girl still processing his unexpected words.

"Um, thank you," she replied sincerely as she hurried to catch up with him. It felt good to be recognized for her skills and intellect. Normally, the boys she knew focused on her appearance or upper-class status. As she was about to speak again, she noticed that she, along with the other students and teachers, had come to a stop as a strange purple mist began to form in the middle of the dome.