Chapter 11

Chapter Eleven
Clean Cut, awkwardness?

**When Addy woke up the next morning a huge migraine flooded her head

**
When Addy woke up the next morning a huge migraine flooded her head. She groaned into the pillow as she didn't want to get up for her shift. She would never let Lucy, and Jackson convince her to go to a party on a weekday, especially when work is the next day.

After many attempts Addy finally got the strength to get off the couch and make her way to the shower.

Meanwhile Tim, couldn't stop thinking about what had happened last night. He literally kept replaying from when he picked up Addy, and left her house with the same tingle feeling on his cheek.

After briefing was done Addy and Tim were both on the road on patrol. Tim was trying his best not to be awkward. However, he couldn't help but think about yesterday.

Addy looked over at him sensing he was thinking of something. "It is a big deal. "Light of the City" award? I thought you'd be happier. I planned my emotional day around it." Addy says.

Tim shrugs "I don't do this for the medals and plaques, Boot." He says with slight attitude in his voice.

"Yes, only lesser cops enjoy recognition." She says with a roll of her eyes. She didn't understand why Tim was being so uptight, especially on his award day.

"What's wrong?" Addy asked. Tim sighed his frustration was growing at the continued questions.

"Nothing Boot. Now focus on patrolling don't ask me about my feelings" Addy rolled her eyes but didn't say anything else.

She looked out the window and spotted a skateboarder who was riding by a woman with a handbag.

Addy scoffed "Oh, hey, 3:00. Skateboarder's about to grab that woman's bag." She points out. Tim takes his eyes off the road for a second to look over.

"Swing and miss" he says. Addy looks forward and gasps as she sees a car slam on the breaks.

"Tim!" She says but it wasn't enough time for Tim to react as he slammed the shop into the backside of the car.

It happened to fast for Addison to comprehend. Her head slammed against the air bag with a hard blow to her head. Once the shop came to a full stop, Tim looks over at Addy noticing her head was slightly bleeding, and her omnipod removed from her shirt.

"You're bleeding" he says to her. She nodded with a small wince. She looks over at him seeing he was extremely worried with a scratch on his head.