Chapter 24

Chapter Twenty-Four
New Blood

**Addy loved being partners with Jackson

**
Addy loved being partners with Jackson. They had spent every shift together doing the same thing. Taking turns driving, picking out a lunch spot, and doing things that their T.O's would never let them do. As for the two of the hanging out after work, Jackson had finally came over to hang out with Tim and Addy.

Today two new rookies were starting Mid-Wilshire today. Addy was very interested in who was going to be paired up with Tim.

"There they are" Jackson calls out he looks over at the two new rookies sitting together in front row.

Lucy and Addy both nod "Bright eyed and bushy tailed. They got no idea what's coming for them" Addy says they all walk to the direction of the new rookies.

Nolan nods "Please tell me we did not look that nervous our first day as rookies. All right. Let's go give them a warm Mid-Wilshire welcome. " he says.

Addy smiles when she catches the attention of the two "Hi I'm Addison Manning I'm-" she was cut off by new recruit Officer Barnes. She smiled at Addy "I know all about you, you were an inspiration in the academy. First woman to graduate an Ivy League school" she says with a huge smile on her face.

Addison smiles back warmly taken back that she knew of her "Thank you, that's so kind of you to say that" she says to her before looking at Lucy, Jackson and Nolan.

"This is Lucy, Jackson and Nolan" she introduces as they offer the two rookies a smile.

"Do you know who your T.O is?" Addy asks. Barnes nods her head "Yeah, his name is Bradford" she says to her.

Addy slowly nods "Oh he's great you'll learn so much from him" she explains. Barnes nods her head sensing Addy was holding back "But.." she drags on.

"He can be a little intense. But, don't worry if you are having self doubt spirals just come find me" she offers. She didn't want anyone to go through what she went through at the beginning with Tim.

Sergeant Grey walks into the room cutting their conversation short. Addy goes to sit down in the second row as she's ready to listen to Grey's speech. The same speech he gave them a year ago.

He walks over to the podium and gets everyone's attention "All right. Settle in. We got some new blood today. Stand up so everyone can see you. You earned the right to be in this room, but you have to prove yourselves to stay. The way we do things matters. Tradition and protocol are the metal from which every cop in this city is forged. That being said, it's my pleasure to welcome you to the FTO program. State your name and badge numbers" he says, the rookies stand up and look at their fellow officers.