Chapter 26

Chapter Twenty-Six
Life and Death (1)

Chapter Twenty-SixLife and Death (1)

The following chapter may be intense. Please skip if you aren't comfortable.

**
A team of armored LAPD officers and Swat move across a field with their guns drawn. Sergeant Grey is off site with his radio in hand ready to give orders.

Tim Bradford looks at the warehouse before putting the radio to his mouth "Breach team is in position" he says.

Grey's finger hovers over the button as his mind flashes back to an hour ago. Where he, Tim, Harper, Lucy, and Nolan were in his office. Still in their wedding attire from earlier.

"Malos Dorados just hit the prison transport. They freed La Fiera" Harper explains. Tim looks visibly stressed as the top of his dress shirt is unbuttoned and his tie is undone.

"We just got video and audio surveillance of what happened" Lucy says. Everyone watches as Sergeant Grey presses play.

No one was prepared for what was about to happen. They watched in horror as Angela is being escorted into the van. Seconds go by Addy is being handled by two men. Her hands, and ankles are tied, and tape is over her mouth.

Addy watches as Jackson is being manhandled, hands tied behind his back. A rough hand grabs a hold of Addy's neck forcing her to look at what was about to happen.

Jackson struggles as he sees the trunk open to the second vehicle. He knew what was about to happen, and in that moment he accepted his fate. He looks over at Addison and gives her a reassuring nod. He tries to fight back as he scratches the assailants arm. The man grabs his gun and shoots Jackson in the back instantly killing him.

Addison lets out a blood curling scream as she watches her bestfriend fall lifelessly into the trunk of the car. She struggles against the two men as her screams are muffled.

"Jackson! Noo" she sobs. Her sobs and screams could be heard from the tape. They watch in horror as the men knock her out unconscious before stuffing her into the van.

Everyone was completely silent as they had just processed what had happened. Lucy, and Harper started to cry as they watched Jackson being stuffed into the trunk.

Tim's knuckles turned white as he watched Addison being dragged into the van. The video clip ended as no one knew what to say.

Bradfords voice over the com comes through again as he attempts to get Grey's attention.

"We are clear go in" he orders.