Introduction

Hero; Ahn Sooho

Sooho always liked heroes, saving the world from evil even if that meant sacrificing what he loved the most, and Sooho was always considered a hero, for everyone who knew him, little Ahn walked the streets helping old women to cross the street, helping pregnant women carry heavy bags.

Ahn Sooho was a hero, one who would risk what he loves most to save the world.

Or so he thought until Kang Hyeori crossed his path.

The afternoon when little Kang screamed in terror because of a hooded man, was the first time Sooho almost risked his life trying to be a hero.

When his arms were around the little girl covered in tears while he received some good blows from that man in the middle of that cloudy afternoon, the way she begged the man to stop while she hugged the child's thin body.

The way the girl blamed herself when she saw the scrape on his knee, the way she left a small kiss on each of the bruises on his face, the way she used the most innocent means to try to heal his wounds, they made Ahn Sooho fall madly in love with Kang Hyeori.

And even without knowing her, even after having endured the worst beating he had ever suffered, even after all the pain those blows left him, even after all that, Sooho promised himself that he was not going to let any tear of fear or sadness came out of the eyes of the little girl who held his hand until they arrived with his grandmother so she could heal his wounds.

He promised himself to be the hero Hyeori deserved, even if it meant becoming the villain in everyone else's story.

But none of that mattered to him as long as he was the hero in the story of his own world, of his Hyeori.