Chapter 11

— Bumseok... Is something wrong with you?

The trio were still at the thinner's house, now they were sitting in front of Bumseok, who had brought them some drinks so he could talk to them a little.

— no, it's nothing.

— Yah, what's wrong with you? Tell me. — Sooho asked, making the boy hesitate a little about whether to tell him or not.

—Is it because of the karaoke guys? — Sieun said, and Hyeori thought about it, he actually looked quite terrified when those guys entered the place, she wouldn't be surprised if they were the reason.

Sooho looked at his friend in confusion as well as his girlfriend before looking at the boy with glasses in front of him. —Karaoke? What happened at karaoke?

...

Hyeori could feel how tense the boys next to her were getting when they heard what Bumseok was telling them, the girl sighed when she heard all the things they did to him: hitting, teasing, threats, and more.

Feeling bad for him, Hyeori felt a huge regret for not breaking the boy's nose with the door that night.

—... I had to go to the hospital several times because of them and... Well, it's because of them that I had to change schools... — Hyeori could see the sorrow in Bumseok's eyes, feeling an immense desire to hug him because he looked on the verge of crying. —And after they saw me at karaoke, they kept calling me, asking me to go out with them.

— Why did those idiots do that to you? Did you do something wrong? — Sooho asked, making Hyeori deny, she knew that he had not done anything, she knew that someone who harassed another did not need a reason, he simply was a perfect victim for their actions.

Someone weak... And Bumseok was weak.

— It's okay, Bumseok. You weren't the one who did something wrong. — Hyeori said, looking at him, noticing the small tears that fell from his eyes and that he wiped quickly, the girl did not resist that, getting up to walk to the boy, sitting next to him while hugging him, she had noticed him tense up, but only was a second to then relax and continue listening to Hyeori's words. —It's not your fault, okay? If you ask me, I think you are quite brave, not everyone is open to telling about his past in that way and I thank you for telling us, we are friends, right? If you have any problem, you know you can count on us... — The girl finished, caressing his bent back, wanting to comfort him in some way.

She had never suffered from bullying, or any kind of violence in that sense, at least, not like Bumseok or some classmates in her class, but she knew what it felt like to be belittled, and somehow, she empathized with the boy.

Because that's how Hyeori was, she always tried to understand the reasons.

Sooho looked at his girlfriend, before resting his eyes on her hands, thinking about her last words. — Call those idiots.

— What? — Bumseok said, at the same time that Sieun and Hyeori turned their heads to look at Sooho, who was still looking at his girlfriend's hands.

— Call them, I'll make them apologize.

...

— Are those idiots always at karaoke? Don't they study?

Hyeori looked at her boyfriend with some disbelief. —Should you judge them? — she said before walking towards the place, being followed by Sieun, who only nodded at what the girl said, Sooho opened his mouth when he heard the duo offend him in that way, complaining, he followed the youngers with his hands on his jacket's pockets.

The group followed Bumseok once he entered, looking around as they saw how strange that karaoke room was, it was nothing like the one they had gone to last weekend.