Welcome to The Club

Fox

It hasn't even been a week and I've run out of pencils. I continue to dig through my bags until I find everything but a pencil. My thoughts were then interrupted by Eden entering the room.

"Your new pack of pencils is on the bathroom sink if you were looking for them," Eden informs me.

"How'd they get there?"

"I was going to ask you that same question."

I grabbed a few pencils and prayed that Eden and I weren't late for our first homeroom.

We made it there before the teacher and there were a few royals already seated. Eden and I claimed desks near the side of the room. After I put my stuff down I introduced myself to a few people and then talked quietly with Eden, waiting for the class to start.

The room was mainly filled with quiet chatting until a big bang sounded from the doorway.

I look over to see a red-headed boy flat on his face and another trying to pick him up.

"Bro, how did you even fall?- Get up, you're making a scene."

The red-head groans and he and his friend make their way to the back of the room.

Eden makes a small giggle and we go back to our conversation.

The homeroom teacher then comes in and gives his introduction, "Hello, younglings, I am Mr. Hain, welcome to your homeroom." Then gets on with the information he has to say.

I stay focused throughout the whole class. There was a time when those two guys made a joke about the teacher being a "Hain in the butt." I will admit it was a bit funny but it's odd to come across this informal manner in a class. I brush it off and mind my own business.

Since it is the first week of school there was not much to go over. The only thing that caught my attention though was one of the clubs. Mr. Hain had mentioned that there is a "Fight Club" where you can participate in the practices of a knight. Back at home, Eden and I used to take fighting lessons all the time so I was excited when he announced this.

At the end of class, Eden offered to sign up with me as well. Right before I was able to sign my name on the list, Mr. Hain grabbed the paper away from me.

"I should have clarified," He said, "That the Fight Club is only for princes."

I look and see that Eden is also as shocked as I am.

"But sir, surely we can sign up. We are skilled fighters, it's not like we wouldn't be able to keep up." I argue.

Mr. Hain replies, "I'm sorry, but that is how things have always been."

I start to wonder if it's even worth arguing until one of the guys from earlier steps in. Oh great, it's the one who would rather spend his time cracking jokes than take things seriously. Yeah, I don't believe he will help this situation.

I watch him pull Mr. Hain off to the side and say something to him. They talk for a little bit and I start to gather my things and head out the door. He's probably not even talking about the club. I turn to exit the room with Eden following me.

"Wait." Mr Hain says with a sigh. "After being told a few good points, I suppose I can let you join the club."

I smile and move to sign my name on the form. I left the room and split up with Eden. I told her that I was going to go and thank the guy who helped us. I then realize I have no clue where he went until I see a flash of blond hair go around the corner. I followed and round the corner with a little too much speed to where I ran into something.

Quickly I rebound and look in horror to see that I just run into the guy I wanted to thank.

"I got you into a club and now you try to knock me over? I guess you really are passionate about fighting." The guy says with humor in his voice.

"Yeah, obviously I wanted to beat you up after you helped me," I say sarcastically. "I was actually coming to thank you."

"That was a weird way of thanking me, but no problem."

He turned to leave and I let out a sigh after he left. That was such a weird interaction.

─────── 𓃥 ───────

You have been introduced to all the main characters with povs. :D