Catching Feelings like it's the Cold

Robin

Walking out of the bathroom, squeezing the water out of my hair with a towel, I see Arlo writing something. I have grown quite fond of him, which surprises me because I had not planned on making friends when coming here. He's a clumsy one, but keeps me entertained.

After tossing my wet towel to the side, I fell back onto my bed, exhausted. The ceiling was the most interesting thing to me until Arlo's pen scratches started to get intense.

"Watcha writing over there?" I ask as I roll over on the bed to face him.

"Letter to family."

"Oh."

That reminded me that I should probably write to my father. To be honest, I had just planned to let him write to me first. He doesn't need to know what I'm up to and the fact that I don't know what I should be doing to carry out his plan.

Arlo looks up from his desk and lets out a big breath. "I need to take a break, my hand is cramping." He says while messaging his hand.

"Oh right, did you talk to Fox after your fight?" Arlo says out of nowhere.

"Well yeah, you made me talk to her," I responded.

 It was weird, just about when I was about to leave and go back to my dorm Arlo had stopped me and strongly suggested that I go congratulate her. I assumed he was just a strong believer in sportsmanship so I agreed to make him shut up. The talk with Fox was quick, luckily. I will admit, she did put up a surprising fight so I technically didn't lie when I talked with her. I still can picture her confused face, which I don't blame her for. I would have rather messed with her than compliment her.

"What was that for anyway?" I question Arlo, "You keep mentioning Fox, it's like you're obsessed with her."

Arlo's face turns a shade of pink and he looks back to his paper. I spring off my bed in surprise at his reaction.

"So I'm right." I laugh "You're totally flustered!"

"I am not flustered and I don't have feelings for Fox," Arlo states.

"Then why are you acting like that?"

After a few seconds of Arlo trying to say something he lets out a sigh.

"It's not her that I like, it's the girl she hangs out with."

Ohhhh.

"The blonde one?"

"Yes."

I give him a smirk and he buries his pink face into his hands.

Arlo then explains, "That's why I wanted you to be nice with Fox, because if you guys are friends then there might be a chance I could meet her friend."

"Yeah.. I don't think Fox and I will be friends."

Arlo shoots me a confused look.

"I just got into the habit of teasing her, that's all."

"You're an awful man."

"I'm aware."

I turn back to what my original evening plans were: napping. Arlo also returns to his paper. I stretch out and try to forget about today but can't help but think about Arlo's situation. Kinda feel bad for the man, I mean he totally is crushing hard on this girl.

─────── 𓅪 ───────

I curl into my covers and bury my head deeper into my pillow when I feel my body rocking.

"Robin?"

"Hmm..?" I respond sleepily.

"I'm going to go get dinner, do you want to come?"

Realizing I am hungry, I stretch my body awake and join him.

I follow Arlo to the door and before I can leave he stops me and asks if I'm going to change into something different.

"What's wrong with sweatpants?" I question.

"They're not very formal. Have you forgotten you're in a school full of royals.?"

I haven't forgotten, it's kind of hard to forget. But that still doesn't make me change my mind or my clothes. I give Arlo a shrug and tell him I don't care. He shakes his head and doesn't push me further.

The time is around 6:00 almost 7:00 so I assume that there won't be many people in the dining hall at this time. It is still slightly light outside which is normal in the summer season I remember. Looking through the window while walking down the halls I catch sight of the gardens outside. They look beautiful. I plan on visiting them sometime soon. There aren't any vibrant forests where I live so this is a completely new area for me.

We arrive at the dining hall and the only words I can use to describe this room are majestic. There are big open windows, long wooden tables, big chandeliers, and lots of floral decorations. It reminds me of how my mom used to decorate her spaces.

I ignore a few glances in my direction. Who knew comfortable clothes were such an outrage? I continue to walk over to the food. That's all that matters right now to me. All I want is a date between me and some chicken.

"Bro. Bro! Look who is here." Arlo says as he comes up and shakes my shoulder. Wow, this guy is touchy.

I look over to see where he's motioning and I see Fox and the girl Arlo likes. Weirdly, they are always together, but at the same time I'm also frequently with Arlo so I'm not one to judge.

"We should go sit with them." He suggests in a bubbly manner.

"Oh no no no," I say and break his bubble of happiness and hope. "I would rather not right now, Arlo." I hoped that this response was enough but, man, Arlo can argue. Deciding I just help him out, I reluctantly agreed. I can always leave if I want to.

─────── 𓅪 ───────

And that, folks, was chapter 6!

Hope you have a good rest of your day! God bless!