First Day

YALL. THIS IS THE CHAPTER. THE CHAPTER YOU MEET ZELDA. THE CHAPTER THAT YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR (I HOPE) THIS IS- ok i'll stop now

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Your P.O.V~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n did a double take as she heard what room she was assigned to. "I-I'm sorry?"

Brittney scoffed and rolled her eyes, as if Y/n's voice pulled her out of a trance. "I said," she whispered to Y/n before yelling into the megaphone again. " I hereby place Y/n L/n to clean Princess Zelda's room."

Y/n's face dropped even more as she heard what main job she was assigned to. Clean the princesses' room? She thought to herself as she thanked Brittney and walked back down to her friends. What if she hates me? What if I hate her? What if she's not kind? What if-

Her thoughts were interrupted by someone tackling her from behind. "You got the princesses' room!" A sweet and bubbly voice said, flooding into her ear.

"I really don't want to do it though." Y/n replied, knowing too well that, that was Edith's voice. "What? Why not?" She asked, jumping off Y/n's back.

Y/n shrugged. "I dunno." Edith opened her mouth to say something more until her name was called by Brittney. Edith looked at her and turned back to Y/n. She gave her best friend a thumbs up and smiled at her.

Y/n bit her bottom lip as she saw Edith nervously walking up to where Y/n stood earlier. Brittney looked Edith up and down and scoffed. She was announced to clean one of the Knight's rooms. Edith bowed her head and jogged down to where Y/n was standing. They both talked to each other quietly until Brittney was done calling names.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Later~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the last person walked back down, Brittney rolled her parchment back up and grabbed her megaphone yet again. "All servants have now been assigned a royal, correct?" She didn't wait for an answer from anyone and continued talking.

"All will proceed to the room they were assigned. A royal knight at the exit will give you directions. You may go." Y/n and Edith looked at each other and sprinted toward the exit where the knight stood.

Edith and Y/n were one of the first ones to get in line, because looking around the room, there were hundreds of maids and butlers around the room. And it was so crowded, Y/n had bumped on into at least 15 people.

As they got closer to the front of the line, Edith kept groaning and repeated so many times, "I'm hungry! I'm starving!" She always stressed the last word out, and that made Y/n even more annoyed.

"Do you need something Edith?" Y/n said sharply, as she whipped around to face her. "Food." She held the 'oo' sound for about 3 seconds. Y/n rolled her eyes and turned away and tried to ignore her.

They were now second in line, and Y/n was unintentionally listening to the person's assigned room that was in front of her. She the heard a familiar name.

"...Link's room? Yes, that'll be on the left-" Y/n then did a slight double take and got lost in her thoughts. Link? Where have I heard that name before? She then started to ponder all of her days that she spent here in the castle.

Link... Link... OH! Landon mentioned him on the day I got taken away... She reminisced everything she could about that day and tried to remember what Landon had said about him. Beautiful blonde hair? Gorgeous blue eyes? No, no, it was-

Her thoughts got interrupted by a loud "Next!" She then stepped forward toward the knight. "What room were you assi-" He stopped talking and his eyes widened. Y/n took noticed of this and tilted her head so she could see him.