WORDS AREN'T EVERYTHING... MOST OF THE TIME

MAYA POV
Time stood still, it literally stood still. She was just standing in front of me with something she had cooked the team, everyone was shouting and probably running wild at the mere sight of someone caring for me. But she was in front of me, none of that mattered. The whispers that I'd endured during the day became a murmur that I didn't have to think about anymore, something that I didn't totally need to effort into ignoring their words.

"Are you ready for dinner, bella?" She asked me, we were all in the beanery, everyone staring at the two of us as if we were some rare birds captured on camera for the first time in a millennium.

"Yes love, let's go and eat" I whispered with a bright smile on my face, a smile that is only reserved for her.

"Why don't we sit here?" She asked and silence filled the space, everyone had stopped what they were doing. She showed an encouraging but understanding look, something that motivated me to walk towards her.

"I'm doing this for you, I need you next to me though" I muttered next to her ear before kissing her cheek and leading her to the table where the team was eating. The team carried on eating once we were settled, seemingly ignoring our presence and it felt natural, I'd grown over the few months to accept that despite the apologies, it was all fake. Things wouldn't go back to normal, but I had Carina and that was the normal I was chasing.

"How is my stalker doing today?" I question after mustering the confidence to create conversation around the team.

"Your stalker is very happy to see you" she answers with a bright smile on her face, her smile emulating pure joy to everyone around her.

"I'm glad, have you finished work for today?" I ask her and she nods before attempting to feed me, I let her seemingly getting lost in our own bubble. Lost in the comfort that she gives me.

"I'm finished in 45 minutes if you want to wait and come home with me" I asked her carefully, I knew the answer would be a yes, but she makes me nervous. The best kind of nervous.

"Home, you've never called it home. Inviting your stalker back into your home might be dangerous" she leant in and whispered in my ear, kissing the pressure point just below. My eyes shutting for a millisecond.

"It looks like I'm in for a very dangerous night" I teased back, placing a hand on her thigh and moving it slowly up. A cough pulled us a part, all of my team staring at us with wide eyes. Jack stood at the end of the table with a sorry look on his face.

"What is it, Jack?" I asked with a bored tone, a complete change up from a few seconds ago.

"I wanted to apologise to you. It was wrong for what I said to both of you and I am sorry. I hope I can be a part of this team soon again" he says, short and sweet with no meaning. Something he'd probably revised on the car ride over here from his apartment.

"I don't accept the apology, nor will I be putting the paperwork together to have you transferred back. Thank you for the apology" I say in my captain voice and turn back to Carina. He mutters under his breath but leaves quickly.

-

"You know, my stalker has only been on the receiving end of our adult fun time" I say seriously but am shocked when Carina starts to laugh.

"Adult fun time? I've never heard someone say that before. Just say sex, making love, fucking... whatever you're more comfortable with" she says, my eyes grow wide at the different examples she'd announced. "If you wanted to be on the receiving end, you could have just asked" she said teasingly as she places her hands on my thighs. The good thing about having a large couch is that it can be multifunctional, it can act like a bed when your actual bed is about 10 meters away.