What A Day

MAYA POV

"Jo... Jack?" I shouted as I walked into the hallway of the station, not exactly expected them to be quite so close to each other.

"Oh uh...captain, I didn't think you were in today" Jack muttered while buttoning up his work shirt.

"Would you still be making out in the corridor of the station, where anyone can see you?" I ask in a teasing way, quirking an eyebrow and trying to keep a straight face.

"Well no, I wouldn't... aren't you meant to be with Carina?" he asked carefully.

"I am, she's in my office. In fact, I think I should call her. I think she'd find it amusing seeing her resident with one of my lieutenants" I laugh softly before shouting her name.

"What is it, Bambina?" She shouts as she walks towards us. Just as she reaches us, Jo takes her opportunity to hide behind Jack.

"Jo, why are you hiding behind his back?" Carina asked while trying to hold a laugh in. She moves closer to me as I snake a hand around her waist.

"Nice going, Beanstalk" Jo says in an angry tone, punching Jack not-so-softly in the arm as she reveals herself.

"I'm not a beanstalk" Jack defends but it falls on deaf ears.

"Jack, go and start on your chores. Make sure everyone else is doing so, too." I state in my Captain voice, Carina instantly tightening her hold on my bicep, looking at my face and biting her lip. God, I'm happy I took her to work with me.

"Wait, why am I doing chores here?" He asked shocked.

"You're back here, you've stopped being a dick. But I will tell you that if you ever say anything about my fiancée or me again, I will do everything in my power to stop you from ever coming to this station and maybe any station ever" I threaten, I don't have the power to do so but I know that he'd catch the gist of my threat.

"Message received... so chores" He awkwardly says, kissing Jo on the forehead before nervously turning around and sprinting up the stairs. Leaving a few seconds of silence, we hear him shout to the team to get on with their jobs. Jo took her opportunity to utter very awkwardly a 'sorry' before leaving the station.

"You are so hot when you use that voice" Carina whispers into my ear, already leading me back to my office and closing the door behind me.

"Oh really?" I teasingly ask her, leaning in for a passionate kiss. We fight for dominance but I quickly mean, holding tightly onto her hips to pull her flush against me.

-

With a very quick round of hot and passionate 'lovemaking' Carina was on her way out of here, skipping through the door and shouting 'I love you'. I shouted those three important words as I ran up the stairs to meet the team.

"Alright, today should be a slow day. 19 is becoming an open clinic day today. Anyone can walk in and receive first aid without paying the stupid insurance prices. Jack and Travis are on aid car, everyone else set up our barn" I say, all of the team nod their heads but Jack.

"Can't I stay with the team and help here? I'm good with my hands" he tried to convince me.

"I wouldn't push my luck beanstalk" I tease loudly, the rest of the team all turning to face him with a shocked expression. "Explain what happened an hour ago" I direct, and he gulps audibly as his face turns red.

Entering my office, I give myself time to meditate for 5 minutes. I've been building up a tolerance, Carina said it would help with my brain settling. It's yet to do anything but stress me out but I promised her that I'd do it at least once a day. After trying to meditate, I got straight into writing reports. I'd mostly kept up to date so I knew I wouldn't be stuck in here for ours.