Walking back home 1

"But tonight I'll be fine. Without you, I'm walking back home."

I really don't want to go to my club meeting today. Maybe I should just walk back home and just sleep. My name is Noah Sterecra and I am a 16 year old in the tenth grade. I'm attending Wawanakwa High and this shit sucks ass. I am on my way home just having a lot on my mind. First, my girlfriend Emma Wang fucking broke up with me because apparently I can't keep in touch with other people's feelings. I'm just sarcastic, that's all. As I exit the school, I see someone in the corner of my eye. A student with fluffy brunette hair. Just sitting there. Do I care? No. But I want to prove to Emma that I can pity others without 'being rude'.

"Hey uh you okay?" I was stammering because I had nothing going on in my mind. Just Emma. Oh how I loved Emma. She was my life. I tried not letting it bother me because I'm a 'guy'. I gotta be tough or else I'm deemed as a 'faggot'. School really sucked. I really couldn't care less. It's just life I guess. At least I'm aware. "It's whatever bro." He unwraps a piece of candy and tosses it into his mouth. He seemed pretty cool. His eyes were blue, but they weren't so obvious from the shade. His outfit was a button-up shirt but they were unbuttoned. He wore a graphic tee underneath it.

I decided to just talk to him and figure it out myself. "Just tell me. I'm not gonna tell anyone. Because I barely have any friends so..." I just replied. Sounded a bit depressing, but whatever. Fuck it. "Dude. That's just... Nevermind, but it's complicated." He just replied blatantly. I rolled my eyes and just introduced myself. "I'm Noah. Noah Sterecra. I think I saw you in my English class?" He did seem quite familiar because I saw the same fluffy brunette sitting whilst writing something on his notebook. He nodded. I think his name was Cody Anderson? Most definitely. "You're uhm Cody right?" He nodded once more. Wow this dude barely spoke.

He usually spoke with others like Harold and Gwen. Heard he had a huge crush on that chick. She went out with Trent and Duncan, I heard. Didn't work out so well especially for going out with Satella's boyfriend. "Why are you trying to talk to me huh?" He did seem skeptical of my actions since he was aware of how I acted around other people. I was sarcastic and pushed people away. I was transparent. Did I give two flying fucks? Not. At. All. "Can a man not be nice?" I gave a half smile. He giggled and rolled his eyes. Cody rests his head with the palm of his hand.

We both just talked and I tried to comfort blue eyes. We got along surprisingly well because we had a lot of things in common. Both tech savvy, and loved RPG games. He had a pet cat. I had a pet dog. A golden labrador specifically. As we walked along the way home, I opened up to the brunette boy. "I dated Emma Wang. You probably know that, but she broke up with me. Hurts a ton. Eh, I don't care." I giggled. We were just talking and talking. "But you loved her? Why'd you say that?" He asked. He was puzzled. I tried to put on a tough and sarcastic exterior for everyone. Tiring, I know. But it was the only way everyone would stop asking if I was okay.

"I did love her. I just have to stay strong y'know? I don't want to be seen as a soft guy. You get it right? I've seen how heartbroken you were with Gwen hooking up with Trent." He felt sympathy for me. I didn't need that. I can feel bad for myself. It's just come and go. It's life! Either way, I'll be alright in the end... I smiled a little just to reassure him. He sighs and just looks at me telling me, I was most definitely not okay. Who is he to tell me, hm? I'm just a simple nerd who reads books all day to escape reality. It's nice, but a reason I didn't have friends.  "Shit I'm home now, see?" Cody points at the large 2 story building painted in white. I waved goodbye and walked home.