Let you break my heart again 3

"Someday, I will stop falling in love with you..."

It was a cold autumn evening, and my heart was beating so fast. I felt anxious, and Emma kept circling my memory. I had a feeling that I should call her. I miss her so much and I still love her. I decided I should just call Cody to come over and hang out. I really need to try and get over Emma. Before I could even pick up my phone, a phone call popped up. 'Ring ring' Cody's name appeared. I brought the phone up to my left ear and responded.

"Hello?"

"Hey Noah! Wanna hang out at your place?"

"Uh yeah sure! Why?"

"Problems. Anyways, I'm on my way! See ya!"

'Beep.'

I calm down a little bit and just look out the window. The stars sure look pretty tonight. I used to look up to them and admire them as they glistened. Emma too would gaze. But now that's all gone. I'm trying to stay strong. It's been a tough month for me, yet Emma's doing way better than I am. She's so strong, mature, independent and beautiful. She's everything you could ask for! Did my sarcastic exterior scare her away? It hurts. I don't want to think of her, but everything is just so reminiscent of her. Every memory stuck by me like glue. My heart just drops everytime I see someone as beautiful as her. I really lost her.

I'm gonna have to stay strong. She's the only reason why I got through half of high school. As I continued to stare into the dark, shimmering night, my thoughts were interrupted by a doorbell. I headed downstairs, as my parents were unavailable due to their work. It must be Cody. I wiped off any of the tears I had left. That was quite embarrassing, although no one was there to see me express my feelings. "Noah, dude. Hurry and open this door. It's so damn cold!" He yelled from the front. I collected my thoughts and rushed towards the door.

The door creaked open as I welcomed the geek in. He wore an oversized, maroon, knitted sweater along with some baggy, khaki pants that went along with his messenger bag. He smiled so wide as he saw me. "Noah, I have the most amazing news!" He shook his hands eagerly as he screamed. "Spill." I reply, leading him towards the kitchen. I offer him a hot beverage along with some snacks left by my parents. "So you know Gwen Ingrid, right? Oh em gee. SHE TEXTED ME!!!" He started to ramble on and on about his crush. He had quite an imagination.

I continued to sip my espresso as he continued on about his fantasies. I found it rather fascinating, yet silly. Having thoughts about the future with your love interest. I wish I felt that way. Although I have loved Emma and was quite affected by our breakup, my emotions really get in the way. Sometimes I miss her, sometimes I don't. I don't know how to control them, considering the fact I'm the youngest child in our family and everyone moved away. It was like an unspoken rule that we mustn't express our feelings in front of our family.

It seemed awkward, even if they say that we can rely on them. My hearing seems quite muffled as my thoughts mush together like a gray cloud before a storm. I snapped back into reality as soon as Cody called me out for like the 3rd time. "Noah! Are you okay?" He slams his palm onto the marble counter, tilting his head. I assure him and nod. We went upstairs and played some video games. I felt a bit relieved, I must say. I have just been so stressed over the past few days. Life doesn't seem real as it is. What is going on?

"Wanna play Just Dance? Seems like you got all versions!" He grabs onto the red Joy-Con strap and connects it, making sure everything's set up. "Eh sure. Don't ask if I just randomly collapse or something while playing this game. Physical games aren't my strongest point." I mentioned as I grabbed the blue Joy-Con. Listen, I have low iron(real), and asthma. I get dizzy rather easily. It's hilarious, to be honest. We played a few songs and my sight got a little blacked out. I drank some water, hoping it would help recover. I never had this much with anyone, not even with somebody like Cody. He sure is fascinating. I shall cherish this day forever.