Chapter 7

Annalise is in her ship with C3PO and Jar Jar Binks on an assignment going to the Outer Rim world of Rodia, desperate to ensure its loyalty remains to the Republic

Annalise is in her ship with C3PO and Jar Jar Binks on an assignment going to the Outer Rim world of Rodia, desperate to ensure its loyalty remains to the Republic. Chancellor Palpatine is on a hologram, and he says, "Princess Organa, I just received word that you have ventured through enemy territory into the Outer Rim." Annalise says, "Senator Farr requested me personally, Chancellor. His planet is in crisis. His people are starving. He's a very old family friend. I could not refuse his plea for help." Chancellor Palpatine says, "I understand, but in these dangerous times, you should be accompanied by a clone escort." Annalise says, "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them." Jar Jar says, "Yousa no needin to worry, chancellor. As resempative of Ald--" Annalise cuts him off and says, "Jar Jar, look out!" Jar Jar trips and falls accidently making the ship lose control. Annalise grabs the controls of the ship steading it. C3PO says, "What's happening?" Chancellor Palpatine says, "May I recommend that only those who are qualified for these delicate peace talks participate in them?" Annalise smiles sheepishly and says, "I will follow your advice, Chancellor. Thank you." Later, Annalise lands on the docking bay of Rodia. Jar Jar says, "Lookee, lookee, it's a swamp planet just like home. Meesa have to get going." Annalise says "Jar Jar, you would be doing me a great favor by staying with the ship." Jar Jar says, "Messa knowing meesa be big help with the negotiations." Annalise says, "I need you to watch over 3PO. You know how he always gets himself into trouble." C3PO says, "Trouble, me? Really?" Annalise says, "I won't be long." Jar Jar looks down sad about not going and says, "Meesa understands, my lady." Annalise walks away and down the ramp, one of the creatures of Rodia is waiting for and he says, "He's Excellency, Ah-Twa." The creature leads Annalise to Senator Farr, and she says, "Hchu apenkee, odiogran, Tor-sene-ko Farr." Senator Farr smiles at Annalise and says, "Chowbaso." Annalise smiles and says, "Oh, I've missed you so much." Senator Farr says, "I was afraid you might not come. We are such a small and humble system." As their walking, Annalise says, "Uncle Ono, you are very important to me. We've been friends since I was a little girl, when you were my father's strongest ally in the Senate. Rodia is very important to the Republic, and of course, I'd come to help you." Senator Farr says, "You speak of friendship I have not witnessed of late. Where was the Republic when our supply ships were destroyed by pirates? Where was the Republic as my people starved? We have been stranded out here without any help at all. I know it is not your fault, but my people starve all the same." Annalise says, "I'm sure the Republic Senate will approve a relief effort. The vote was postponed, but you will get your food." Senator says, "I am sorry. It is too late, my sweet. The Separatist Viceroy Nute Gunray has promised to support us with a very generous relief effort. Neh-soo-bo-wah. He is giving us food, ships and protection." Annalise argues, "Nute Gunray cannot be trusted. He will bring war to your system just as he did to mine many years ago." Senator Farr says, "I am afraid I have already done what I must for my people." Battle droids approach her with Nute Gunray. Annalise glares at him and says, "Viceroy. I should have known." Nute Gunray says, "You won't get away this time, Princess. Your friend made a deal with me, and you are part of it." Annalise gets out her comm and says, "3PO, come in, 3PO." Nute Gunray says, "Stop her." A droid grabs her arm, but she gets out her lightsaber and slices it. Annalise does the same thing with the rest of the droids, and she says, "You are outnumbered Viceroy." Nute Gunray says, "I beg to differ." Nute Gunray hands Senator Farr a blaster and he says, "Shoot her." Annalise looks at Senator Farr and says, "Uncle Ono, I think it is time to tell the Viceroy about our little secret, how you never meant to leave the Republic and how you truly care what is best for your people." Nute Gunray says, "What is she talking about?" Senator Farr says, "Sorry, viceroy, she is right. I am with the Republic, and you are under arrest." Nute Gunray says, "You will pay for this treachery." Annalise points her lightsaber at Nute Gunray and says, "Viceroy, you are going to spend the rest of the war in a cell." Nute Gunray says, "Your victory will be fleeting." Then the fleet arrives, and Annalise says, "Those are Republic warships. The clones have arrived." The ships land and the clones circle around the Nute Gunray. The captain looks at Annalise and says, "We got your message, General. What are your orders?" Annalise says, "Take this Separatist scum away." As the clones take Nute Gunray away, the hologram pops up with Chancellor Palpatine and he looks at Senator Farr and he says, "Princess Organa has brought your people's needs to my attention, and I have already sent a convoy of supply ships to your system." Senator Farr says, "Thank you, Chancellor." Chancellor Palpatine says "The capture of Viceroy Gunray is a major victory for the Republic." The hologram disappears and Senator Farr looks at Annalise and says, "Can you ever forgive me, Annalise?" Annalise softly smiles and says, "Of course. You were just doing what was best for your people. Besides, it is the republic that should be asking your forgiveness, my old friend. Far too often, we forget that our most important allies are not always the most powerful."