Chapter 7

One day before Charles arrives back from the triple header

"Honestly Phe, that race yesterday was insane! You should have got me into F1 sooner" Mads said crossing the road from her apartment. "Are you walking to work?" Phe asked hearing all the cars though the phone, "yea I got a 14 hour shift today, Emilia starts physical therapy today so I might go with her." Mads explained crossing the last road to the hospital.

Suddenly every single peace of calmness disappeared from Madyson's mind as a bright red car slammed into her. "Dickdead! Fuck it's always red" Mads mumbled under her breath noticing the colour of the car. Still in to much pain to shout at the idiot that hit her.

"Phe I'll call you back" Mads said quickly picking up her phone off the road and hanging up. She was about to get up when a man quickly came rushing to her side.

"Ma'am! Are you okay?" The guy said coming over to crouch next to her, "yea I'm fine" Mads mumbled trying to stand up but her knee giving up on her causing her to fall back down.

"I am so sorry, let me take you to the hospital" the man said clearly panicked, trying to help her up. "No don't worry it was my fault, I wasn't looking where I as going, don't worry about it." Mads said trying to make the almost visibly sweating man.

"But still, I definitely shouldn't have been driving that fast, at least let me carry you to the hospital, It's right there" the guys said pointing at the large building.

"Yea, I work there, if you could just help me walk there it would be great. I don't think you would be able to pick me up" Mads said slowly standing up and completely putting all her weight from her left side onto the man. "Please let me carry you" The man almost begged, apparently Mads wasn't very good at hiding the pain in her face.

Nodding Mads let the man walk one step in in front of her, stepping a bit back he help her jump with on leg onto his back and set off. "I haven't had a piggy back since a was like 8" Mads laughed trying to distract herself from the pain and make it a bit less awkward for the both of them.

The man softy laughed seeming a bit more visibly relaxed. As they entered the emergency room Mads directed the guy to a treatment room that was empty. "Oh god what did you do?" Dr Melendez asked following them in trying his absolute best to stay professional.

"Shut up it's not funny" Mads said crossing her arms as the guy put on the bed, deep down she was laughing too but at the moment the pain was too much. "I hit her with my car" the man said flatly causing Dr Melendez to collapse onto the floor in a fit of laughter.

"I'm so sorry for being so unprofessional, you can leave her here. She will be okay" Dr Melendez said to the man after collecting himself. "Okay, no problem. I'm so sorry again" the man said still clearly feeling bad. "Really it's okay." Mads said really not mad at the guy at all.

"Well, I need to go to work but I hope your leg is okay." The man said before walking out the room, "nice one" Dr Melendez chuckled, "what do you think it is?" He said moving over to check out her let which was already very swollen.

"Broken maybe, not snapped but definitely moved out of position. Probably do an ex-ray and if my suspicion is correct, ice it and put it in a moon boot for a month and let it fix itself. Crutches probably shouldn't be used, walking will help it move into place." Mads said using all of her med school knowledge but struggling to order her thoughts, it was very different when it was her own leg.

"Yea, I agree, I'll take you up to the x-rays" He said helping her into a wheelchair.

————-

"So you know all the rules, only wear the moon boot when your walking so obviously when you shower or sleep or just relaxing at home you can take it off but just try not to move it too much." Dr Melendez said explaining to Mads what she already knew.

"Do you wanna go home? I can drive you" "no, it's okay, I still have 9 hours of my shift left and the moon boot takes most of the pain when walking away so I'm just gonna finish my shift and get an Uber home." Mads said determined to not let this stop her.

"Okay, I'll see you out there in 10 then?" he said. "yes see ya, I just want to call somebody quickly." Mads said before taking out her phone and calling Phe and explaining everything to her. "Are you gonna tell Charles?" She just as Mads was about to hang up.

"No, he's probably flying anyway. I'll explain to him tomorrow when I see him... he arrives late tonight" Mads explained. They both said goodbye and Mads got to work.

She spent sometime helping Emilia walk, which she found ironic since she could barely walk. As the end of her shift got closer the fatigue in her foot got worse. "Finally" Mads mumbled as she was able to leave, going straight to call an Uber.

—————-

So I was gonna add a lot more to this but I decided to rather make it two chapters
So your gonna get a long chapter today or tomorrow. Also the drama is gonna start soon 👀🫢 please don't be shy and comment what you think!

Also let me know if you guys would be into me writing smut, I've never done it before but keen to try and I've read enough of it so I should be able to.