Chapter 11

⚠️it's traumatic I tell you⚠️

Teleporting wasn't possible but Mads apparently could because the second she stepped in the room she was sitting in the chair next to the bed. Threading her hand with Charles' just like she had done in the ambulance, he looked freakishly perfect, all the blood from before had been cleared off his face, a small plaster covering the side of his eyebrow. He looked as if he was in a peaceful sleep but in some way he was.

"Cha? Baby?" She said to the 'sleeping' brunette, "can you hear me?" She mumbled to him her tears threatening to make an appearance again. To most people it would seem dumb, talking to someone in a coma but those with medical knowledge, it would see, perfectly sane.

Mads remembered reading something about people in comas could hear noise and might help relax them if they can hear someone familiar's voicemail even though they won't hear the words the tone of voice will be.

"Cha, you have to wake up. I need to tell you I love you, I love you so much." Mads said crying into the space mattress next too Charles. Not wanting to leave him she sat there for 2 or 3 hours just talking to him, leaving kisses on his hand and crying... a lot.

"You should go home and get some sleep" a young nurse said coming in the room to replace the plaster on charles' face and checking his stats. "No, I'm not leaving him." Mads said sternly before immediately apologising knowing that she was just trying to be nice.

"Okay, but try and get some sleep okay? Here use this blanket" she said bringing Mads a blanket and placing it on the chair next to Mads. "Thank you" Mads responded looking to the girl with a great full expression. She gave a small silent nod before leaving Mads alone with Charles once again.

Standing up for the first time in a couple hours, trying to stretch her legs Mads stood next to Charles's bed hesitantly moving her hand to stroke his cheek. "Good night love" she mumbled placing a light kiss on his forehead before sitting back down and putting the blanket around her legs.

The chair made a slight screeching noise along the floor as she positioned it so she could lay her head on the bed and still hold Charles' hand. Closing her eyes to try and sleep but instead all her emotions came out, her sobbing muffled by the pillow and chair shaking slightly.

As much as she wanted it, sleep did not come. All she wanted to do was fall asleep and wake up in Charles' embrace, this all just been a bad dream... but that did not happen. Nothing happened, she lay there with her eyes closed. Her body eventually running out of tears, she lay like that the whole night, a small part of her to scared if she went to sleep she would wake and Charles would be dead.

———————————

"Hey, we brought you some stuff" a voice said causing Mads to snap her eyes open. "Madyson? Did you sleep at all?" Andrea asked giving her the death stare that could make anyone tell the truth. "No" Mads said not even attempting to lie, "good thing I got you a present" Joris interrupted passing Mads a bag.

"Thanks" Mads mumbled softly in a somber mood opening the packet inside was some long pyjama pants and one of Charles' hoodies, perfect for the hospital because although it is warm in Qatar the hospital was freezing. Digging into the bag a bit further she found about 5 monster energies and 5 red bulls. "Jo, thank you so much." Mads said embracing him before standing up, "I didn't know what flavour you liked so I just got a bunch" "it's perfect thanks, I'll leave you two with him. I'll go change." Mads said before leaving the room to freshen up.

—————-

After about 40 minutes Mads arrived back having taken advantage of the hot showers in the bathroom. "Hey" she said walking into the room rubbing Joris' back, she could see he had been crying over his best friend. Feeling the need to be strong for Jo just as he was for her yesterday she just stood there for a bit and let him cry a bit, occasionally looking over to Andrea as she heard the occasional sniff.

"We better go, Fred wants to see us" Andrea suddenly broke the silence practically dragging Joris out of his chair. "I think we might be a while, we will come by tonight probably around 20:00 he said before leaving the room with Joris, probably feeling very uncomfortable with the emotions.

In the time Mads had known Andrea she quickly realised that sad emotions was not his strong suit, if someone ever brought up Jules he would be fine if it was other people's emotions it was fine, but as soon as it was his own... that was the problem. She made a quick mental note to talk to him about it at some point, when this whole situation was over she moved back to the chair and moved her hand back into Charles'.

————————————————
The sun was about to set and it was a reminder that the longer Charles didn't wake up for, the less likely he would.

"Out on our own
Dreaming in a world that we both know
Is out of our control
But if shit hits the fan we're not alone
'Cause you've got me and you know
That I've got you and I know
If the tide takes California
I'm so glad I got to hold ya
And if the sky falls from heaven above
Oh, I know I had the best time falling into love
We've been living on a fault line
And for a while, you were all mine
I've spent a lifetime giving you my heart
I swear that I'll be yours forever
'Til forever falls apart
'Til forever falls apart"

Mads softly sung to Charles occasionally stoping to let a shaky cry out, remembering it was the song playing in her house when they first met. "I love you" Mads said in reply to his 'i love you' from the Grand Prix, as if she hadn't already answered it 10000 times in the last 24 hours.

"I love you too mon Cœur"

Hehehe, this was not proofread