Chapter 10

BTW I am not following the 2023 calendar.... We are racing at different circuits as I write.
⚠️ blood, crash, mentions of death⚠️ (ur welcome)
5 months later/ Sunday of Qatar GP

"Please be safe" Mads mumbled her hands clinging tightly around Charles neck, "Mon cœur, I always am! It's no different because your here" Charles said rubbing his hands up and down her back and arms. "I know but I heard the commentators say it was so hot and dusty to race." Mads explained worried about him.

"CHARLES" xavi shouted from the garage indicating Charles needed to get in the car to race. "I need to go but I promise I will be safe, just like I was in the sprint." Charles promised leaving kisses all over her head, "good luck" Mads whispered into his lips before reluctantly letting go of him.

"I love you" Charles whispered back quickly kissing her cheek softly before disappearing to the car, leaving Mads standing alone. Love? He loves me? Mads thought to herself in disbelief and in awe that her boyfriend said that. As a teen her boyfriend, who was 2 years older always refused to say he loved her because apparently she wasn't worth it.

After finally processing thoughts , with a massive smile on her face she walked into the garage and put her headphones on to watch the race. It was her time watching a race in person since 2013 when her dad took her to Silverstone to see Michael Schumacher race.

"So please explain this to me? Carlos and I can't go for dinner without being noticed and being photographed but you and Charles can date for 5 month and there isn't even a rumour about it? Are you invisible?" Isa asked moving next to Mads as the cars did the warm up lamp.

"Honestly, I have no idea but I'm not necessarily complaining." Mads said shrugging her shoulders laughing slightly with Isa before abruptly stopping to listen to the engineers. They all seemed to be very worried and stressed on Charles' side of the garage all of them refusing to meet Mads eyes.

"All you can do it hope" Isa whispered also seeing something is wrong and trying to comfort Mads. As the last light went out the two girl huddled together squeezing each others hands when their boyfriends launched out of their grid boxes.

Holding her breath as Charles drove towards the first corner, but before he could turn the corner red flames blew up from the red car. The force from the explosion sending the Ferrari forward flipping the car upside down sliding off the track into the barriers at full speed.

Everything stopped, Mad's legs went weak threatening to collapse if Isa didn't hold her up, her vision blurred and silent tears streamed down her face. Vaguely she could hear the engineers asking Charles if he was okay and getting no response, her eyes burning into the screen still seeing no movement inside the fames the medics and marshals running up help up the fire out.

After about a minute that felt like an hour for Mads she saw one of the medics drag a limp body out the car, lying him on a stretcher. As time quickly snapped back to normal Mads came back to reality watching her unconscious boyfriend lying on the floor while people surrounded him trying to make him breath properly.

Without a second thought she sprinted out the garage past all the drivers who had now come back to the pits and down the pit lane toward turn one, not caring in the slightest about all the mechanics staring at her. Just as she reached the beginning of turn one a pair off arms wrapped around her stopping her from running any further. "Let go" she said choking on her sobs, "no, let the doctors work" Andrea said trying to keep his own composure.

"Please" Mads whispered so softly going limp in his arms staring at Charles who was still unconscious just a couple of meters away. "Shhhhh, it's okay" Andrea said comfortingly letting her wrap her arms around him and just cry. "He's gonna be okay" he said half telling himself that while holding her tight as if she was a child who just got hurt.