He's in Love with me!

Chapter 6

My bedroom and Aunt Linda's store are very near, just two steps away. And I can hear if ever there's someone in her store.

Especially if they are talking.

I was about to sleep when I heard Giovanni's voice. My heart will always skip and my palm and nose will sweat whenever I hear his voice.

Instead of sleeping. I listened to their conversation. He is confessing to Aunt Linda that he is in love with a girl.

Upon hearing this, my heart broke into pieces. Another one? Who is it this time?

He said he met the girl at the market. Her Mom's business is selling flowers at the market and sometimes he will go there to help.

I just listened eagerly. Just thinking who is this girl who made my man fall in love?

My man? He's in love with another girl. But who cares? I still love him.

The girl is very demure and kind. And is selling vegetables at their front.

He said that he falls in love with the girl already and didn't know what to do.

My Aunt answered him. He should know what to do because he is old already hehe.

After they talked, he went home without calling me. Yes sometimes he will call me in a whistle and I will secretly go out.

But he's gone! He is in love. What a lucky girl.

I cried hugging my pillows. Then a scenario of him at their flower store meeting that girl happily and in love.

I cried again. But wait a minute! How come there is a vegetable store at their front? As far as I know, there's none.

I sit down and carefully recall all that he said to my Aunt. A vegetable girl vendor and all its characteristics feel the same as mine.

I'm selling vegetables. And all the description of that girl is the same with me.

So is it me? Is he in love with me? I wiped my tears and smiled. I just cried for no reason at all.

He loves me too. And that night I slept with a smile on my face.

And after this night he poured his time on me. And I'm very happy.

We went on a date and of course, it's still a secret as my Mom doesn't like him because of the bad reputation that he has.

A Secret relationship for my Mom's eyes only, as all of my friends already knew.

Every Sunday I am off to work then we will meet at a certain street. He will wait for me there with his old motorcycle.

We called it kabayo or horse as it's a very old one. Her father gave it to him.

Riding with my only love. Hugging him as sometimes he will speed up. Or maybe it is intentional lol.

But kidding aside. I will always remind him not to drive faster and always be careful.

And whenever he has a basketball tournament I'll always be there. Except if I'm on a night shift.

There's a game of him that I will never forget till now. It's a championship and there are many people.

I am always watching far away. The girls are all hyped cheering for their team.

Ahh those girls of him. But I'm quite immune to them I think lol. I'm just here always supporting him and he knows it.

The basketball court is very crowded and the announcer keeps on telling the people to move backward as they are blocking the player's way.

But you know people here in my place are all hardheaded. They didn't move at all.

Then an accident happened. Giovanni fell and landed on the people who were blocking the way.

I felt very much worried that I didn't see the ball coming over me. And it hit me real hard! In my head, I thought I would faint but thank God I did not.

Being hit with a ball is very painful. Yeah because the ball is very heavy. Just of all places to landfall, it chooses my head lol.

Good thing nothing bad happened to Giovanni. He continued the game and after that, he was awarded as the MVP.

I'm very proud and happy for him. Cheering for him from behind.

One day they are hanging out with Aunt Linda's Store and the Music plays.

It's an old song titled "Don't Cry Jonie" and the story of the song is very similar to ours in terms of the age gap. As he is 6 years older than me.

The song has a sad ending. Jonie married her best friend John instead.

Upon hearing this, Giovanni came to me and whispered that he didn't like it to be our ending.

He said Never. And I'm holding to that promise. It is very kilig and I'm very happy during that time. (Too sad the promise was broken.)

Those are our sweet old days.

Will these happy moments continue?

It's so nice to be in love...