The freedom of Love

Chapter 8

There he goes again. It broke my heart by surprise.

It's his long-time Girlfriend but just wondering who comes first between the two of us. They are of the same age while I'm much younger than them.

She is known to everyone while I am kept in the dark.

Alone in the dark, watching him secretly visiting his lover's house.

In there, he is formally dressed up. While on meeting me he is just him. What do you think?

If he is with me. He is free to show whatever emotions he may feel. There are no pretensions. But just wondering why.

Why? He always went back to his women. Especially this woman. She is the most special one.

Well if that's his decision. He can be happy with her as all I want is his happiness although I'm on loneliness.

But he will always confuse my heart! After visiting his Girlfriend. He will always come at me too.

We still met despite him being with that woman. They are still together while we are together too.

How long should I suffer?
It's been 4 years! Since my Second Year of High School 'till now that I'm 18 years old. The situation never changed.

I'm still the same for him! In his eyes, I'm always there no matter what he did and wants to do in the future.

Did I spoil him so much? And so I kept myself busy too.

Busy with boys lol. But yeah I know that I'm a girl and it's not a very good idea to take revenge.

But I cannot control myself! Whenever I'm pissed off because of him. Especially seeing him with that woman. My anger will immediately burst and all the boys around who courted me are very lucky.

In my mind and heart during this time. Why he is allowed? While I am not? What's the difference? Because I'm a girl and he is a boy?

Can't I have boyfriends too? While he is having a lot, why can't I? Right? That's how stubborn I am. Or maybe I was just really hurt.

I forgot him for a while and kept myself busy applying for different kinds of jobs. There is a job that I like but It will require a huge amount of money.

I already passed the written examination with flying colors.
And since I still don't have enough money to finance the Physical Examination.

I decided to look for a new job again. Luckily accepted to a certain kind of restaurant.

In there, the salary is not that big but just enough for me to save until I can gather enough money then I will stop working.

During those busy days of my life. Giovanni will always pop out of my mind. Wondering if he is happy now with the woman that she chose to be with.

I missed him. But I chose to be busy. Because I love him so much, his happiness will always matter first. I'm used to being neglected and always crying.

I don't know how many drums of tears that I cry because of him. But it doesn't matter at all.

If he is happy, I will be happy too and don't care if my heart is bleeding. And he always knows that. I will always include those lines and words in my love letters and poems.

Until one day news broke out....

Giovanni had an accident while riding his motorcycle with his friends. I heard that he was drunk during that time.

He is currently admitted to the hospital. Upon hearing about it. I felt nervous! Very nervous, Is it really bad? That he need to be confined while his friends are okay?

He was the driver during the accident and the bad news is that he also hit someone. And it's also admitted at the same hospital. The medications and expenses were charged to his family.

Sunday came at last and it's my day off. I immediately went to the hospital. And because I was in a hurry I forgot to buy some fruit for him.

After asking the information about what room he is in. My feet became heavy.

Heavy to walk and I can hear the beating of my heart that beats very fast.

Until I found the courage to knock on the door. And saw his sister and my classmate Carol there.

I didn't know that her sister and Carol were friends. I'm shy but I cannot go back. I was already there and I wanted to see him badly.

His sister and Carol left us. And there he is lying on the bed with a bondage on his face and hands.

His handsome face was full of bruises. I don't know why I can't speak upon seeing him.

He didn't utter a single word too! I was there standing and ashamed at the same time. I don't know what to say!

I wanted to run to him and hug him... But my feet were glued to where I stand.

Finally, he broke the ice between us...

He called my name and told me to sit down...