The Finale

Finale

I have been living my life without Giovanni.

I think that I am very happy with Rey together with our daughter.

Then after 3 years...

Giovanni went back...

And I am not that beautiful and sexy girl that she knew.

I became fat and my looks are a total mess. I'm young but I looked old.

In short, I am still adjusting to a married life. To being a Mother and forgetting to take care of myself.

During this time, me and my friend Clawe are selling barbecues.

And from afar, I saw a man walking on the road and coming to our Barbecue Store.

It's Giovanni! Or I am just mistaken? But it's him!

And I don't know what to do! Clawe shouted his name said hi and asked him how he had been during those years working in Taiwan.

They talked. And I pretended to be busy arranging the barbecue. He didn't notice me or he is pretending not to see me too.

It was very awkward to say hello. Given my current look which is not pleasant at all.

Giovanni bought lots of barbecue. Until he went home. We never talked. So the feeling of being ignored is like this.

One night, there's a gathering at Clawe's house. They are having a videoke.

And Clawe invited me. We were happily singing when an uninvited guest arrived.

It's Giovanni!

Clawe was shocked too but as a host of the house. She welcomes Giovanni to get inside.

It's very awkward, really awkward. I was just there, sitting while listening to our friends singing.

Then I went to the restroom.

When I came back. Giovanni was sitting beside my chair and there was no vacant seat anymore.

No choice but to sit down because I am blocking the television screen.

A few moments later he said "Hi."

And It took me a minute to answer.

"Oh, Hello." I greeted him nervously.

Yeah, there's nothing changed. His effect on me is still the same.

Perspiration and butterflies in my stomach. I cannot help it. At least I can control myself.

"Ah, how are you?" He asked.

"I'm fine," I answered.

"You know, I have a girl with me right now." He started to speak and I just listened.

"I met her in Taiwan. Her nose is not that high." I wanted to laugh at what he said but I calmed myself.