Denny's

At Denny's, Gina was upset and didn't wanna see EJ's face. When he showed up, she turned her back to him, not to see eye-to-eye. EJ walked towards her nervously.

EJ: Hey Gina, can I talk to you for a minute?

Gina didn't look at him.

Gina: I thought you didn't wanna talk, as you canceled our dinner. Or maybe you weren't just hungry anymore. (She dissed him.)

EJ: You have every right to be mad but I think you deserve an explanation about why I did that. So, can you please come?

He reached for her hand and looked apologetically at her. She then turned around. Even though she was so mad at him, she knew she wanted to learn the explanation.

Gina: Fine, you have 5 minutes.

EJ triumphed and brought her outside. Ricky saw them going out and smiled. But it still felt awkward. He wanted to be happy for them, especially for Gina, but something felt strange inside and he couldn't really find the reason why.

Gina: So, I really wonder your explanation. (She said in an uninterested way, even though it was eating her inside.)

EJ: Okay, um... I don't know how to say this. (He was so nervous, he didn't know what to do with his hands.) So, after the show, your brother found me and we had a chat...

Gina: Wait... You and Jamie talked?

EJ: Yeah... So, he told me he heard a lot about me, and were really happy you had a big brother figure to take care of you while he was away...

Gina: He said WHAT? (Gina shouted, dumbfounded.)

EJ: Yeah... So I thought maybe you needed a friend more than, you know, a complicated relationship right now, and didn't know what to do, and panicked...

Gina took some time to take in what she had heard. 

Gina: Oh my God, EJ! Don't tell me you took that seriously... He is never around! I can't believe this is his way of making sure someone is filling his hole. That's his problem, not yours!

EJ: Yeah, I know, but I didn't know what to do. And then I realized I didn't know what you actually felt and you deserved to know what I feel so here it goes... (He cleared his voice). I care so much about you. I did things in my relationships before out of jealousy that the other person didn't deserve, and I would never want to put you in that position. I want to try my best to show you you are worthy and deserve the best...

Gina: EJ... (She held his hand.) I like you. And not in a brotherly fashion... (They both chuckled). I didn't tell you but, I was not in a good place in Carlos's quincenero... But then you asked me about how I was feeling when I felt like no one cared about me anymore... And I'm so glad you did.

EJ: I'm sorry I didn't tell you before. You deserve the whole world.

They both smiled.

EJ: Do I... still have the chance to have risotto with this beautiful lady? (He asked, uncertain of her answer.)

Gina: Hmm... I don't know if I'm hungry anymore, though...

EJ looked down, feeling like he ruined it all.

Gina: But maybe I have some place for coffee?

EJ looked up at her eyes. They were shining.

EJ: Yeah, I love coffee! (He screamed with joy, they both laughed).

Gina: Let's go then!

Gina put her hand up for him to hold it, and EJ held it tight.

EJ: Yeah, let's go.

Ricky saw EJ and Gina holding hands and walking away. He stared at them until they were out of sight. He beamed in a bittersweet way and then turned back to his theatre family's fun, and tried to join their joy for the night.