Into the Woods Again

Ricky: She is here!

Ricky and EJ had finally found where Gina was. She was sitting on a rock, watching the stars. It was the place where they had talked the night they couldn't sleep.

Gina: Hey, you guys. (Gina smiled in a bittersweet way.)

Ricky: We were worried about you... I mean mostly EJ of course... (He tried to hide his concern.)

Gina: I just needed to be alone. (She looked at the stars.) Told you I wouldn't get lost, though. (Looking at EJ.)

EJ: I know, but I figured we had to talk...

Gina: Yeah... We probably do.

Ricky sensed they needed a moment.

Ricky: Okay, so I should head back, I guess...

EJ: Wait, dude. You brought me all the way here. You're gonna go back alone?

Ricky: No problem, really. (He chuckled.) I will find my way back. You, don't get lost, though. (he smiled.)

And Ricky was getting ready to head back towards the yurts. 

EJ: Wait... thank you.

Ricky turned around, and nodded. Then turned back to go towards the camp. Gina was looking down.

EJ: I'm sorry you had to learn about it this way...

Gina: No, EJ, it's okay. I just had to think alone and...

EJ was getting nervous about what was coming.

Gina: I thought we were gonna be together all summer, but then you got this directing job. I mean, it was a really good opportunity and I get it, and we still had time to spend together. But it wasn't enough for me... And now you are going away and... This whole new life is opening up for you... I don't think I can stand you being this far away from me.

EJ: (EJ was expecting this. He sighed.) I get what you mean. Long-distance is really hard and... I will have to adapt to this whole new place and... I really wanna focus on directing and become the best I can be. And I don't know if I can spare time for us any more than I could this summer, and you deserve so much better than that...

Gina was tearing up, and so was EJ. He held her hands.

EJ: I'm so happy you were a part of my life this summer. And I'm so sorry I couldn't really be yours. You deserve the whole world.

Gina: (Looking up, tears dropping from her face, she nodded.) Yeah, so do you, EJ.

They then hugged each other for some time.

EJ: Should we head back?

Gina: Yeah.

They stood up to get ready to return.

Gina: Oh, and how did you guys find me, by the way? 

EJ: Interestingly, Ricky already knew?

Gina: Huh. (She kind of smiled a little.)

EJ: I don't know how he knew, though... (He looked at her a bit suspiciously, but he knew they had broken up so didn't bother more.)

Gina: Well, we were lost in the woods, remember? He probably went through that route...

And they walked in the same direction they came from.