The Night Before

After getting back to the yurts, Gina told the girls about their breakup, and EJ also did so to the boys. Then as as Kourtney and Carlos were struggling with some problems about self-confidence and anxiety, they helped them get through those. Kourtney climbed the mountain, Carlos got his shirt off in front of the boys. The girls and the boys had helped them get over their fear. Now, everyone was heading back to their yurts, when Gina and Ricky bumped into each other.

Ricky: Hey, G... (He said, with an awkward smile.) You look better.

Gina: You look wetter. (They both chuckled.)

Ricky: Yeah... We were kind of helping someone get through something.

Gina: So did we. (She beamed while looking down.)

Ricky: I'm sorry, by the way. I heard what happened with you and EJ...

Gina: That's okay. We wanted different things. I don't think I could go long-distance in my first relationship... I'm not even sure if I wanted to do that. I just tried to work it out too hard... I don't even know why...

Ricky: Well, probably because you cared about him so much? 

Ricky looked directly into her eyes. That was actually why he was trying to help EJ and Gina because he cared about Gina so much. 

Gina looked back at him. The reason she had tried too hard to work it out with EJ was to forget about Ricky. But it was getting harder every day since she was always confused about what he felt towards her.

Gina: Yeah, probably... But I don't know... I really need someone that is close to me right now.

Ricky gulped. Does she mean anything by that, he wondered.

Gina: (She sensed the awkward moment.) Or maybe just be alone for a moment, I really don't know...

He nodded, kind of in a disappointed way. Guess she didn't mean anything, he thought. But felt the need to say something.

Ricky: I get it. I mean, it can be a lot to rush into something when one thing just... ended. (He stopped, and kind of felt like he still needed to say it.) But you know, the end of something can be the start of something new. (He looked around and at last, into her eyes, in a questioning and unsure way, but tried to mask it with a smile.) I hope she doesn't get uncomfortable with anything I say, he thought.

Gina raised her head to look at his eyes again. She didn't get what he meant. Of course, I don't get his intentions again, she thought. But she could feel her heart getting a bit fast. 

Gina: Yeah, you're right. The time will show, I guess... (She gulped and tried to change the topic.) The only thing I'm worried about tonight is the musical tomorrow though...

Ricky: Don't be. I know you're gonna ace it. You finally got the role you deserved.

Gina: (She smiled.) Thanks, Ricky. I know you will, too. (Ricky beamed back at her.) Good night.

Ricky: Good night, G.

And they both walked to their yurts.