Chapter 8

So, basically, Wattpad told me to get my sh*t together and finish this story... Not in those words but something along the lines of "If your story is complete, mark it as complete. If it's not, consider updating." Here it is! Two whole chapters for you, I hope you enjoy them!

~~~~

When the Dragonologists are informed of the plans to head to Andorra la Vella for a few days to find out where the dragon claws came from and why, all five people are disgusted. Estel stares at her brother and mutters something in a language Haela doesn't understand but the way Josué shakes his head and Estel's shoulder slump, it doesn't seem good news.

Charlie insists on joining them. Haela didn't mind the idea, but the two Hit Wizards had protested. Only when Charlie quizzed Josué on how to best remove dragon claws or scales so they wouldn't be damaged, did the Hit Wizards admit reluctantly that it might be useful to have a Dragonologist with them.

The Port-Key leaves the next day, nearing the evening as the sun is setting again. Haela packs a few sets of clothes – the plan is to only visit the capital city for a day or two – before heading out to where the Port-Key is leaving from. Kadrick joins her as they make their way to the spot where they arrived, higher up the mountain.

Josué is already waiting for them with Charlie. Isaac is there as well. The older Dragonologist had insisted on seeing them off and after dinner yesterday, had them all promise to return in one piece – 'Your Ministries will have my head if something happens to you'. Everyone is dressed in normal clothes suited for unsuspecting civilians, but Haela knows Kadrick and Josué are armed. Her own wand is hidden in its holder in her jacket. Normally, she would have attached it to her right forearm, but with the bandages, that won't work.

Their Port-key is an old boot. Josué picks it up from the ground and holds it out for the others to grab. Once everyone has taken hold of the boot, the Hit Wizard counts down from three before a familiar jerk somewhere behind her navel pulls Haela into a mix of wind and swirling colours. As quickly as the sensation has started, it ends and Haela feels her feet land back onto the ground. She lets go of the old boot and takes a step back.

When she looks up, she notices they are standing in a narrow alley in between two large, sand-coloured buildings. The alley leads to a busy street on one side and into a few more alleyways on the other. Josué throws the old boot in one of the dumpsters before turning to the rest.

"We'll need to walk the rest of the way."

Their safe house – or the place they'll use as a temporary place to stay – isn't far. They walk through a few alleys and old stone paths before ending up in the city's old town. When the group steps into the sunlight again, Haela needs a moment to take in the sight. The capital is located between the mountains and the sight is breathtaking. Josué knocks on one of the doors of the old stone houses nearby.

It doesn't take long before an elderly woman opens the door. Josué's lips curl up into a smile as he says something to the woman. Kadrick and Haela share a look that says neither of them has no idea what the man is talking about, but the woman laughs delightedly before opening the door further for them to enter the house.

"This is la meva àvia," Josué introduces as they step into the house. He turns slightly and frowns, "How do you say it in English?"

The Hit Wizard snaps his fingers a few times, trying to think of the word, until his face lights up and he says: "Ah, yes, my grandmother."

The woman smiles at Haela, Kadrick, and Charlie. She reaches for Charlie's face and the man has to bow down so the older lady can pinch his cheeks. Kadrick tries to suppress his laughter as the woman mutters something in Catalan. Charlie smiles politely at her until she lets go of him and turns to Kadrick who gets the same treatment. The woman hugs Haela instead before saying something to Josué and disappearing into one of the rooms.