Chapter 13

After the drama that ensued with John talking about marrying Lizzie, a woman who was known for being promiscuous, Lana had been trying to keep to herself. She knew what the future should be, but she was terrified that by being there she was putting the Shelby family in danger. 

Lana found Tommy in the back of the betting shop, with a cigarette in his mouth as he was observing the goings on. She tried to make her way past him without him noticing to get to the kitchen at the back, when she felt a hand on her wrist. She turned and met his icy blue eyes.

"Where are you going to love?" He asked, his grip on her wrist becoming softer as he realised she was staying there. 

"Just going for a cup of tea Tommy, do you want one?" She said, avoiding eye contact. He noticed this instantly and rather than replying he started to lead them into the kitchen and shut the doors to afford them some privacy. He turned, his hands soon going to cup her face, to make her look in his eyes.

"What's going on love, eh? i can tell there's something bothering you." He said still searching for eye contact, as Lana was doing her best to look away. Tommy had started to be able to read her like a book and for now she didn't want to bother him with what she deemed her own issues.

"Nothing Tommy, just a bit under the weather." She said, slowly pulling out of his grip and moving to the stove where she put water in the kettle, her back to him. Before he could tell her that he knew something was wrong with her she changed the course of the conversation. 

"Who are you taking to the races Tommy?" She asked, still not turning around and leaning her hands against the kitchen side. 

Tommy cleared his throat before answering. "Grace." 

"hm." She answered back. Tommy rubbed his eye before putting his cigarette out in one of the many ashtrays dotted about the house. He made his way over to where Lana stood and slowly wrapped his arms around her waist, resting his head on her shoulder.

Lana was jealous, although she knew what Tommy was going to do to Grace, letting her go with Kimber and almost letting a bad thing happen to her. She couldn't help but feel annoyed. She was going to be here, in the betting shop, like she always was. Tommy didn't like her to get involved in the business so she had taken what she could get which was some book keeping. But that didn't mean that she didn't miss going out by herself and taking in the nature. She used to do that a lot in her old life. 

Tommy could sense that she was annoyed and placed a kiss on her neck. "Don't be jealous love, eh? Please?" 

Lana turned around in his hold and looked into his eyes as he wanted her to do before. 

"I'm gonna be honest with you Tommy, I can't help it." Lana said, annoyance clear on her face.

Tommy cracked a smile. Although it hurt him to know she wasn't happy with him, it also pleased him to know that she was getting so wound up over a small plan in the grand scheme of things. 

"You know what i'm gonna do Lana, you know i'm not taking her there on my own will and that I would much rather be taking you to the races as my date." Lana sighed at this lowering her head and leaning on Thomas's chest.

"I know Tommy." She said so quietly he almost didn't hear her. 

"I'll make you a deal." Tommy said.

Lana lifter her head up at this. 

"When we own all the race tracks, i'll buy you your own horse to race, and i'll take you to a different track every weekend. I'll make it private and it can be just you and me, our own time together." Lana smiled at this, a blush rising to her cheeks. 

"I'd like that." She said.

Tommy didn't need to hear anything else as he brought her face towards him and kissed her so gently she was still leaning towards him when he pulled away. Tommy stroked the side of her face.

"I've got business to attend to, but I've asked Polly to go dress shopping with you, if you want? We've got a wedding to prepare for." Tommy stated, letting Lana know that their idea of peace keeping had worked.

Lana's smile turned into a wider grin at this information. "Okay, but you're not allowed to see the dress until we meet there." 

Tommy nodded in agreement.

"I can't wait."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is purely a filler chapter whilst I had some time. Very sorry if there's any mistakes I haven't had the chance to go over it yet. Thanks!!