Chapter 2

"I never expected you to get under my skin, but now your name runs through my veins and I can't help but let every part of you in." - Pillow Thoughts

When Lana came back around she was lying on a sofa surrounded by small children. She quickly sat up and looked around for some clarity on the situation when she saw Polly over at the kitchen. It wasn't the betting den but the house she was in was styled similarly and overall looked the same without the loud shouting men.

"What happened?" Lana asked, slowly sitting up and holding her head. She had the worst headache she had ever felt before.

Polly quickly made her way over to Lana with a glass of water, looking over the girl and making sure that she wasn't going to faint again.

"You fainted, not sure why. But after you found out the date  you looked really shocked and just passed out. It's a lucky thing that John caught you or else you would have hit your head and made yourself even worse." Polly chuckled a little bit, remembering the shocked look on John's face when he caught Lana.

Lana wanted to feel embarrassed but was so confused by the fact that she seemed to have time travelled 100 years to the past. It didn't make sense and she wasn't sure that it was all real.

"I'm terribly sorry I did that, I'm just very confused and overwhelmed. Sorry to be a bother." Lana said, looking down at her feet.

"You're not a bother my love. You're in need of some help and I'm here to give you it."

"Did you say John?" Lana asked, quickly clocking onto the name she said, her eyes going wide.

Polly looked at the girl, growing more and more confused by the second. "Yeah, why?"

"What were the other two men's names, the ones that came in with John?" Lana asked, standing up now, not being able to sit still.

"Arthur and Tommy. Why?" Lana couldn't believe it.

"Shelby? Are their surnames Shelby?" Lana asked again, still not being able to believe anything that was going on.

"Yes, can you please get to your point." Polly asked, slowly getting impatient with all of the girls questioning.

"I need to speak to Tommy, as soon as possible."

Polly looked at the girl like she had grown another head. "If you really want to, give me a second and I'll take you down to the Garrison. He should be there."

Polly couldn't keep up with the girl who was already running to the door and down the street, Lana didn't even know where she was going, she just needed to get to Tommy quick.

                                      *

Lana burst into the private room of the Garrison, with Polly running behind her, out of breath.

"Thomas, I need to talk to you." John and Arthur looked at her in shock as she had just burst in but then looked at Tommy to see what he had to say.

Tommy, who looked as causal as ever, took the cigarette away from his mouth and brought it down to his side. He could tell that Lana had something she wanted to say to him and he was curious, this girl was a mystery.

"You heard her lads, clear out." Arthur and John begrudgingly left the snug and made their way outside into the smoke filled streets. Polly left shutting the door behind her.

Lana sat herself down across from Tommy in the seat previously occupied by John. Tommy looked at her expectantly, waiting for her to spit out whatever important information she had to share. Lana was fidgeting about and couldn't stay still, bobbing her leg up and down and moving her hands about.

"I don't know how I'm here. I know I said I didn't know where I was from but I do remember. It's just really hard to explain right now and I know you probably don't believe me but I don't know how to prove it to you."

"You're talking in riddles, if you'd just be straightforward with me then maybe we could get somewhere."

"I know things about your family, I know what's going to happen in your future and I think I could be a very valuable asset to your company." Lana took a deep breath and looked up to Tommy.

"You're a gypsy?"

Lana shook her head, "I really wish I could explain it to you but I just don't think I'm ready for that. Plus I don't know if you're the right person to talk to it about."

Tommy took a deep breath of his cigarette and looked up at the ceiling. He took a moment to collect his thoughts and looked back at the expectant eyes of Lana. She knew Tommy was unpredictable and he really didn't give anything away with his body language so she didn't know what to expect with the man.

He pointed his hand at her, the one holding his nearly burnt out cigarette. "If what you're saying is true, that you know my family's future then prove it. Tell me something that's going to happen today."

Lana thought for a second and quickly jumped up. She opened the doors to the snug and called Harry over. She put on her most charming smile and said, "Hi, I was just wondering if the position for the bartender is still open?" Harry chuckled and looked me up and down, "Yeah, why who's asking?" She just smiled and thanked him, giving no further explanation before closing the doors and sitting across from Tommy again.

 "In about the next half an hour there's going to be a woman called Grace, she'll be Irish with blonde hair and she'll come for the job."

Tommy didn't move, he just stayed perfectly still and didn't show any emotion.

"We can sit here until she comes and I can prove it to you."

So that's what they did, they waited. No words were spoken except from Lana saying she was going to check with Harry and see if anybody had come by yet.

Tommy didn't know what to make of the woman, she could be scamming him for all he knew, but he just couldn't ignore this proposition of knowing the future of the company.

And Lana was one of the most breathtaking women he had ever seen.