2

Bosco was in her 9am class when she checked her email before she had to start taking notes. She was really only checking to see if one of her professors had answered her question about an upcoming exam, but found something very unexpected.

Someone had emailed her about her roommate situation. Bosco didn't at all think she'd get someone interested that soon. She was sure she'd be spending a few weeks alone at least. She nervously opened the email, her leg bouncing up and down under the desk.

Hey, sorry if this is weird but I saw your post about looking for a roommate. I go to the same university as you and I've been having a lot of problems with my dorm situation. I'd really like to know more. Unless you've got someone already then it's totally fine and I'm sorry for bothering you. - Daya Betty

Bosco tilted her head at the dinosaur emoji after the girl's name. She didn't know a Daya, and that made her nervous. Because that meant that this was a complete stranger she was going to have to talk to and not scare away. That was definitely going to be the hardest part of all of this.

She glanced up at her professor who was getting started with the lecture before back down at her laptop screen. She'd answer later. She had to think of a response that wouldn't sound awkward first and she was too scared of missing any sort of important note she had to take.

One of Bosco's biggest fears was failing. It didn't used to be, but now that she was in a program to pursue what she had always dreamed of as a kid, she didn't want to fail and lose the opportunities. Maybe this meant that she had developed some unhealthy habits, but she didn't have time to worry about those.

It didn't help that for most of Bosco's life, she had been considered the dumb one. The one who couldn't remember to do simple tasks. The one who had to be reminded about everything constantly or she'd forget. Bosco was determined to show that she could do cool things. She wasn't dumb.

Her hand was aching after the class ended, but she was used to that by now. She placed her things into her bag and got up to continue the rest of her routine.

She usually always met Camden in the closest food court between their classes. Bosco was a little scared she wouldn't be there today, having somehow convinced herself that because Camden had moved out yesterday, that would mean she wouldn't be there. So she let out a sigh of relief when she made it to their usual spot to see her.

Camden greeted her with a small smile. One that Bosco could never tell if she was doing out of pity or out of actual happiness to see her. "Hey." Camden said as Bosco sat across from her. "Were you okay alone last night?"

Bosco nodded, immediately pulling her laptop back out. "Yeah, I was fine."

Camden studied her, trying to determine if she was telling the truth or not. "Did you actually make it to your bed last night?"

Bosco did not make it to her bed last night. She fell asleep at her desk again after spending hours messing with her telescope in an effort to distract herself from the fact that she was alone in the apartment. But she still nodded again. "Yeah, I did."

Camden probably didn't believe her, but if so, she didn't say it out loud. "You remembered to eat? And to move your clothes into the dryer?"

"Yes mom. I remembered." Bosco said, trying to remember if she actually did do those things as she set her laptop down and opened it back up.

Camden glanced at the messy bun her friend's dark hair was currently in. She knew Bosco had most likely forgotten to brush her hair that morning. She kept quiet about it though, not wanting to make her feel bad. "Has anyone asked you about the apartment?"