8

"You should do something nice for her." Camden said, watching as Bosco tried to concentrate on getting a coffee order right. "Not in like a flirting way, but like as an appreciation. For driving you and making you breakfast and stuff like that. But also totally do it in a flirty way actually."

Bosco shook her head. She was starting to regret bringing up Daya to her friend. But she couldn't help it. She could still feel how Daya had held her hand, how she had traced her tattoos, how she looked when she had fallen asleep next to her, and especially how she had basically admitted to flirting with her. Bosco's emotions were all over the place.

"You know I'm not good at that sort of thing." Bosco said, turning away for a moment to hand the drink over to a customer. She hoped it was fine. She had kinda been distracted while making it.

"How do you know? You've never really had to." Camden was determined to get this forming relationship to progress. "It doesn't have to be some grand gesture. Just something nice."

Bosco didn't think anything would be good enough to match up to Daya making sure she was checking stuff off of her task list everyday. Or driving her to campus and sometimes picking her up from work if their hours matched up. She was still kinda in disbelief that she was even doing those things to begin with.

"Don't overthink it." Camden said when Bosco didn't answer. "I know it's different for you, but you don't have to worry."

Bosco sighed quietly. "I'll try not to..." She said quietly, grabbing another cup to get started on another order. She looked down at it, getting an idea. Daya made her breakfast, she could make her a drink and pray that it would be one that the girl would like.

"You should invite her out with us sometime. Like a double date." Camden watched as her friend coated the sides of the cup with chocolate. "You and Daya, me and Rosé."

"You're jumping way too far ahead." Bosco said, contemplating on what else to use. "That's not happening any time soon. Or ever."

Camden sighed, leaning over the counter. She was silent for a moment before speaking again. "Rosé...thinks you don't like her."

Bosco glanced over at her as she worked, feeling guilt starting to creep up on her. "Why does she think that...?"

"Because you don't really talk to her when she's around. Sometimes you avoid us altogether if she's with me." Camden answered, looking down at her hands. "And I kinda want my best friend and my girlfriend to get along..."

Bosco hated feeling guilty. It made her feel like a shitty person when in reality she was just trying her best. And sometimes her best wasn't exactly enough. She knew Camden didn't mean to make her feel that way. It just sucked. "I'm sorry..." She apologized quietly. "I try so hard. I'm just bad at holding conversations or starting them and...yeah."

Camden tapped her nails against the countertop. "She didn't take me from you." She said quietly. "You know that, right?"

Bosco stiffened up. "Of course I know that..."

"You say that, but I can tell you think that." Camden continued, watching as Bosco turned her head away. "I'm not abandoning you or leaving you behind. I'd never do that."

Bosco bit her lip. "I know..." She whispered. "I know you wouldn't."

If Camden could take away her friend's anxiety and worries of abandonment, she would. But she couldn't, and sometimes she found it hard to say what Bosco needed to hear to help her feel better. She went to speak again, but Bosco continued.

"I'll try harder." She said quietly, trying to focus on making the drink as she blinked back tears. She kept her back towards Camden so she couldn't see. "I promise..."