18

Bosco watched Daya place each piercing into her face from the doorway of the bathroom, unable to tear her gaze away. It was starting to become a habit to get sort of lost while looking at her. Every little detail on Daya was perfect, and Bosco wasn't sure how that was even possible. But she did know she could stare at her for hours and admire every little thing about her.

Daya noticed her staring, tilting her head when she turned away from the bathroom mirror. "Coco? You good?"

Bosco snapped out of it and blushed, nodding quickly and looking away. "Y-Yeah. I'm good. Just...waiting to do my hair."

Daya giggled, taking her hand to pull her inside. She lifted her to sit her down on the counter, grabbing her girlfriend's hairbrush. "How do you want it?"

Bosco tried to shake the blush off her face, but it was no use now. "Up, with the two braids." She answered quietly.

Daya complied, brushing through her hair and humming quietly. Bosco leaned into the gentle touches, feeling nervous for some reason even though she knew she had no reason to. Sure, they were going out on their date, but they had been living together for months now. And had done plenty of other things that Bosco was too afraid to say out loud. She was comfortable enough around Daya to know things would be okay. Yet her heart was still racing.

Daya carefully braided sections of Bosco's hair into two braids, letting them frame her face as she placed the rest into a bun. "There." She smiled and brushed her lips against hers. "You're so pretty."

Bosco smiled a little, laying her hands on Daya's shoulders to pull her closer. Daya squeaked, giggling a little as she laid her head over the smaller girl's shoulder. "I'm excited for dinosaurs."

Now Bosco really smiled, turning her head to press a kiss to her cheek. "You're always excited for dinosaurs."

"True. But this is time is special because it's a date involving dinosaurs." Daya responded, her hold on the smaller girl tightening as she helped her down from the counter. "Can we get ice cream too?"

Bosco gazed up at her, pressing another kiss to her lips as she kept her arms around her. "Of course we can."

"And I can sleep next to you tonight?" Daya asked in a bit of a quieter voice.

Bosco smiled, cupping her face in her hands and watching her lean into the touch. "I wouldn't have it any other way."

Daya beamed, stealing another kiss before she went to get her bag. Bosco watched her go, unable to stop her heart from skipping a beat at the sight of her. She didn't think that reaction would ever go away.

She finished getting ready, walking out to their living room to find Daya grabbing her keys from their hook. Bosco looked down nervously.

"I feel bad having you drive." She said. "I'm the one who asked you out. I should be driving."

"You don't have a license yet." Daya said, reaching a hand out to her. "So this is the safest option. But I can teach you if you'd like."

Bosco felt her anxiety immediately spike. She fidgeted with her hands, not sure how to answer. "U-Um-"

"Not right now. Not until you're ready." Daya added when seeing the look on her face. She gave her a small smile, reaching her hand further out to her to beckon her closer. "But I'll be the best teacher when you are ready."

Bosco relaxed a little, taking her hand and letting Daya pull her closer. She let out a deep breath as she laid her head against her chest, feeling a kiss placed at the top of it.

"Ready to go?" Daya asked.

Bosco could stay just like that forever. But she still nodded, wanting to see Daya's face light up when she saw all the dinosaurs. She kept hold of her hand as they locked up and went out to the car, listening as her girlfriend already started to talk to her about her favorites again. Bosco could never get tired of listening to her.