17

Bosco eyed Orion in the reflection of her laptop screen, her knee bouncing anxiously under her desk. They were waiting for class to start, and she had to ask the girl something. She couldn't just ask Daya, that'd ruin trying to keep things a surprise until she asked her to go.

She had a date idea, but she wanted to make sure it was a good one. She just hated talking to anyone who wasn't Daya or Camden. She told herself that Orion was probably way too high to even remember if she said anything weird or was awkward at all, but she was still struggling.

Right before class started, Bosco took a deep breath and stood up from her usual seat. She dragged her bag and laptop to the empty space beside Orion, sitting beside her and almost dropping her laptop.

Orion coughed in surprise, a puff of her vape escaping where she had been blowing it into her bag. She quickly waved her hand in the air before facing Bosco. "Oh, hey Mrs Betty."

Bosco had a feeling she might regret this. "Uh...hey. I had to ask you something."

Orion raised a brow before ducking her head into her bag, taking another hit from her vape pen. "If it's about that essay, then I've got some bad news for you." She said once she came back up.

Bosco shook her head. "It's very fortunately not about that. It's um...about Daya."

Orion raised a brow before she teasingly smiled. "Yeah, I had a feeling. What about her?"

Bosco's knee started to bounce again, and she silently cursed it. "There's uh...there's this thing I wanted to do with her, but I'm not sure if like she's been there before and I'm not sure if-"

"Whatever date you take her on she'll love." Orion said before she could finish, able to figure out what she was trying to say. "You could take her to a dump and she'd just make heart eyes at you the whole time."

"...Oh." Bosco said softly. But she still wanted to know if Daya had been to this place or not yet. If she hadn't, then she wanted to be the first to take her. "But the museum not far from campus has a new dinosaur exhibit. I wanted to know if she had gone to it yet."

"Trust me, if she had, she wouldn't stop talking about it." Orion said, laying her head on her bag and yawning. "She'd probably marry you on the spot if you took her there."

Bosco blushed, looking down at her hands and tapping her fingers together. "Good to know..."

Now she had to work up the courage to ask Daya if she'd go. Of course she'd say yes, and of course it wouldn't be weird to take her on a date. They were girlfriends after all, but Bosco still felt anxious. She couldn't help it. No matter how hard she tried not to think of anything that could go wrong, she did.

But she'd still ask her. Because she loved Daya and she wanted to make her the happiest girl in the world. Her anxiety would have to deal with not being able to stop that from happening.

----

"Are you sure you're okay?" Daya's sister asked from the other side of the phone. "You don't sound like you are."

Daya had originally called Crystal to tell her all about Bosco and how their relationship was going, but then the incident at work that day happened. And now she couldn't think about anything else.

"I'm okay." She lied. She sat cross-legged on the couch, staring at the door. She wanted Bosco to come home. She'd make it all feel better.

"What happened, Daya?" Crystal asked next. "Was it those people in your class you told me about?"

Daya was silent for a moment, blinking back tears. "...Yes."

Crystal sighed. "I'm sorry." She said softly. "They better not have touched you. If they touched you then they should be fucking terrified."