16

"And now she's my girlfriend." Daya said happily as she told Angie what had happened the day before, way more focused on that instead of the books she was supposed to be placing back on the shelves. "And we're going to live happily ever after."

"Damn. You really did get to her." Angie said as she moved down the aisle of books to work on another empty space on the shelves. "She hardly ever said a word to me when I used to hang around her and Camden."

Nothing could dull Daya's mood right now. Not when she had a beautiful girlfriend named Bosco. "You just have to give her some time. She softens up."

Daya was still kind of surprised she even got to that part of Bosco. She would've been content with just being at a friendly level with her. But now she had more than she could've ever asked for and she was perfectly fine with that.

She stopped herself from talking about Bosco for a bit so she didn't end up annoying Angie, this time focusing on what she was actually supposed to be doing. But only a few minutes later, a pair of arms slipped around her waist from behind.

Daya squeaked and jumped in surprise, smiling when Bosco leaned her head over her shoulder to gently nuzzle against her neck. "Hi." The smaller girl whispered.

"Hi-" Daya turned around to immediately pull her closer, gazing down at her in admiration. "You're supposed to be at work."

"Got off early and wanted to come see you. And have to return that book you found for me, but I mainly wanted to see you." Bosco admitted, her arms remaining around Daya's waist. "I brought you your fancy chocolate milk though."

Daya lit up, giggling when Bosco pressed a soft kiss to her lips before turning to get her drink. That's when Daya looked up to see Camden staring at them with wide eyes, having been holding the drink for Bosco.

Bosco took it from her, looking between the two. "Oh, yeah. You haven't officially met."

Camden snapped out of it and shook her head. "I've never seen you show affection like that-"

Bosco looked down a little, a soft blush on her face. "She's special." She said, handing the drink over to Daya and meeting her eyes. "Very special."

Daya smiled, leaning down for another kiss that Bosco gladly gave her before she turned her attention to Camden. "I'm Daya." She introduced herself as she took Bosco's hand.

"Camden." The other girl said, glancing down at where the two touched. "Damn. She really does love you."

Bosco groaned softly, but Daya giggled as she sipped her drink. "I'd hope so." The taller girl said, squeezing Bosco's hand gently. "Because I love her a lot."

Bosco almost choked, quickly looking up at Daya while Camden just smiled. "Good, she deserves that." She said before she went stiff, looking over Daya's shoulder. "O-Oh. Hey Angie."

Daya and Bosco turned around to find Angie standing there nervously. She was silent before giving her a small nod. "Hey..."

Camden shifted awkwardly, looking up at Daya. "So uh...where's the nonfiction aisle?"

Daya pointed towards the large bookshelves in the back. "To the right. All organized by author and subject."

Camden said a quick thanks before she left them alone. Angie watched her go, muttering something that Daya couldn't quite make out before she went off towards the front of the library. Bosco just clung to Daya's arm.

"They used to date." She explained quietly, leaning against her shoulder. "It didn't end the best."

"O-Oh." Daya stuttered, nervously biting at the straw of her drink. Angie had told her she used to hang around them, but she hadn't gone into that much detail. "I didn't know that."