9

"I think she likes me." Daya said, laying back on Maddy's bed and gazing up at the ceiling. She couldn't study. She was too busy thinking about the way Bosco had touched her face the night before. And about how she had thought about her enough to make a special drink for her. And about how she lit up when she talked about the things she liked.

Maddy glanced up from where she was studying beside her. "Like you how?"

Daya shrugged in response. "I'm not sure. I just think she likes me, and I'll take that no matter what way it's in."

"I saw the stickers. The one from the book you told me you were bringing her." Orion looked up from the beanbag she was laying in on Jasmine's side of the room. "They were on her laptop. I moved to sit behind her in class so I could see."

Daya blushed a little. There was no way she'd be concentrating on studying now. "You did?"

Orion nodded. "Yeah. They were the exact same ones."

"That means true love." Jorgeous jumped down from Jasmine's bed to land beside Orion, making her girlfriend squeak. "Now whenever she looks at those stickers, she'll think of you."

Daya blushed more, pulling her knees up to her chest. "That is true, but I don't think that means it's true love-"

"You should try inviting her to hang out with us again." Jasmine said from where she was standing on her bed to water the plant that hung above it. "Maybe she'll say yes now that she's a little more used to you."

"Maybe." Daya hoped she'd say yes. If she got Bosco to hang out with her and her friends, that would mean more time with her. And she practically craved that.

Later that day, she offered to pick Bosco up from the coffee shop. But Bosco texted back saying she was going to be there late that night to help close, and Daya had to admit, she didn't care for being in the apartment very much without her. There was comfort in knowing Bosco was there, even if she was closed off in her room. She liked coaxing her out with food or by asking her to watch a movie. Or by just asking her a question.

But she'd make do until then. She had a research paper on recently discovered sea creature fossils she had to finish. While she loved info dumping about fossils, she wished she had her pretty roommate there to distract her. And since it was a clear night and she could see stars shining in the sky, she knew Bosco was probably wanting to come home and look at them.

So Daya wanted to do something completely harmless but nice for her. She figured if she set up the telescope and had it ready to use for her, Bosco could come home, be in a good mood, and talk to Daya about it more like she had done the night before. Daya just wanted to make her smile. She figured this was the way to her heart.

Daya hesitated at the other girl's bedroom door. She hoped she wouldn't be mad about her going in there and tried to tell herself it would be fine. After all, Bosco had let her in yesterday. She took a deep breath before she slowly nudged the door open.

The telescope had been covered up once more with the curtains to the window closed. Daya walked over to it as carefully as possible. Everything in Bosco's room somehow felt fragile. That or Daya just felt like a giant around everything. Maybe both.

She pulled the curtains back, letting the streetlights from below shine into the dark room. The glass of the window was dotted with more star stickers, just like most of the space in the room. Daya smiled a little when she saw, tracing her finger over them for a moment before she opened up the window.

They were lucky there wasn't any other buildings obstructing the view from Bosco's room, or else they wouldn't have much luck seeing anything cool. She turned to the telescope, carefully pulling its cover off and setting it down on Bosco's bed.