Chapter 13

Ava POV:

I can hear her heart beating faster the longer I stand here holding her close to me, and I'm sure with everyone's eyes on us weren't making it better for her.

I can hear the whispers from everyone saying that the Princess has found her mate, but I can also hear a few jealous comments toward my mate causing me to let out a hiss forcing everyone to shut up.

Without a second thought, I let go of my mate and turned toward the girl who was standing a few feet away from us.

"What the hell was going on here?!"

Using a tone that is like my mother's Queen voice when she is disciplining someone for doing wrong.

I think I now understand how my mom felt when it came to protecting her mate. You'll want to do anything to make sure they are safe, even if you just met them.

I haven't even learned her name and I am willing to almost drain this sorry excuse of a human.

"P-Princess Ava, I-I, we were just talking."

I hated it when people lied to me, and I could tell from the way the girl was talking that she was lying, and she's giving off fear and anger at the same time.

I put my hand up, forcing her to shut her mouth before speaking again and turning toward my mate.

"Why was she about to attack you?"

"She's just a bully from America, I guess my mom told hers that we were moving here, and they did the same thing."

I took a deep breath trying to control the anger I was feeling. It's already bad enough that we have them here, and now they are coming from America too.

I saw that the girl was slowly trying to move away from me, and I sped in front of her.

"Did I tell you to move?!"

"No, Princess."

"Tonight, you and your mom will be at the castle no later than 8, and if I have to come and find you...the sight wouldn't be pretty."

I grabbed my mate's hand and pulled her toward the spot me and Val were sitting, with Val following behind us.

She sat in my seat, but I didn't mind and took the other seat that was next to her with Val sitting across from me.

"What's your name?"

"Elena Moore, Princess."

"You don't have to call me Princess, I'm Ava, and this is my best friend Valentine, but I call her Val for short."

"Nice to meet you both, but why did you save me?"

"Well, first do you know what kind of country this is?"

"I didn't learn anything about it until we got here. I know that you are the Princess, daughter to Vampire Queen Vixen, and biological daughter of the late Kegen Jones, who was mated to the Queen herself."

Val and I both sat there with our mouths hung open and eyes wide.

"My mom made me learn everything once we got here because she wanted to make sure I knew the kind of place she brought me to, and who to respect and who not to cross."

Finally snapping out of the trance I was in by the shock of everything she learned about us. I didn't realize all of that was available for people to read.

As I went to speak, I heard her stomach growl and pushed my food toward her.

"Here, you can eat this since I am no longer hungry."