21

┎┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┒
Devin " Dougie " B
November 23rd, 8:15 P.M
Sevside, Bronx, New York
* can ya comment btw i love them *
┖┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┚

  SITTING ON MY LIVING ROOM couch, I fiddled with my red and black bracelet around my wrist as the whole house erupted into laughter. The smell of all types of thanksgiving food lingered through the air which made my stomach growl more and more from hunger. Everybody was eating some type of food while I just sat on the couch peering down at my phone every so often to see if it would light up from a text Kaliecéy would send. I did bad the other day and she really ain't wanna speak to me, I tried to apologize a couple of times and even reached out to her brother but I got no response from her.

" Dev baby, you not hungry ? ", my aunt asked me as I looked up at her and shook my head, seeing her holding a heavy plate of food " Nah auntie, I'm just thinking ". I already asked my mom about the situation, the guys, and even my sister but everything they advised me to do just left me stuck in the same place with Kaliecéy as before. My aunt sat down next to me on the armrest of the couch before stuffing a spoonful of candied yams into her mouth " What's wrong ? I heard you got a baby on the way sobrino. Congrats ".

A small smile appeared on my face as I finally turned my phone over in my lap and rested my head on the couch pillow. " Glookin' auntie but we got into a crazy ass argument cus it's like she make decisions without thinking. I told her she don't have a good mentality to have a kid and they gonna take the baby from he- ", before I could finish the word my aunt gasped lowly and lightly smacked my shoulder " Devin that's fucked up. If you don't like what she does, try a different approach and watch your words ".

Sighing loudly out of defeat, I heard kids running back and forth throughout the apartment laughing " I have auntie but she don't be wanting to listen or understand at all. And now she wants to just coparent because she thinks that I think she'll be a bad mother and I never said that shit. I would never say no shit like that to her ". Hearing a low " hmm " from my aunt, I watched my sister Desire walk closer to me before sitting down next to me " Here, you need to eat something. It's your favorite holiday and ya'll talking about him and Kaliecéy ? ".

I mentally rolled my eyes because Desire was just gonna drag the conversation out as I lifted my head up and took the styrofoam plate from her hands. There was mac and cheese, pernil, candied yams, lasagna, rice and beans and collard greens. Whoever made this plate packed my shit for no reason. " Honestly, ya'll are both young. Maybe she thought you were implying that by your words which is why I say take a different approach on how you speak to her. She might have some trauma built up that isn't addressed which is why she might be so hurt on you implying, not saying, that she would be bad mother ".

Rolling my eyes for real now, I lifted the plate up and dug into the mac and cheese before placing a forkful into my mouth " But I didn't say that shit or implied i- Listen I just said that maybe they should coparent. I fuck with Kaliecéy but you can tell that girl has some issues and trauma built up that she doesn't speak about. Maybe coparenting right now is for the best and maybe you needa see if she'd wanna try therapy ", my sister Desire interrupted me which automatically made me suck my teeth and turn to her. " Bro stop saying she has issues, everybody has issues. And I'm not coparenting, I wanna raise my kid with her not from two different homes ".

Desire mugged me for a second before slumping down into the couch and I felt a hand rub against my arm " Dev baby look, her trauma might be something heavier than other peoples. How about you give me her number and I'll text her tomorrow asking if she's free to talk with me and I'll give her a free therapy session. Coparenting might be the best right now until we can try to get her to ease her anger down ", my aunt advised as I just thought about it. My aunt was a therapist so maybe it would help her, but knowing that Kaliecéy was stubborn meant that it would take her awhile to fold.