Chapter 4

January 10th 2012

Taylor had ended up sleeping the entirety of the previous day, deciding it'd be a good idea. (Despite being a little curious as to what Vivian's 'consequences' were).
What she was also curious about though, was what the dark haired woman had managed to get done.

After having a shower, Taylor picked up her phone as she made her way to the kitchen. She was making herself some coffee when her phone went off.

Vivian!

Morning Tay!

Good morning Viv!

I hope you rested
well yesterday?

I did actually!
I ended up sleeping
the rest of the day :)

That's good, I'm glad!
I think I made some
good progress on the
songs yesterday!

Oh yeah?

Yeah! I wrote down
any ideas i had, plus
I thought of a name
for that song you
finished!

I have to go now,
but I'll talk to you
later, Taylor :)

Talk to you later,
Viv! :)

Taylor found herself smiling at the messages between her and Vivian. She was now sat at the table, drinking the coffee she'd made. She was going to make some food, but she wasn't that hungry and decided not to in the end. She'd probably eat something later anyway.

She was curious about what Vivian had written, especially the song title, but she was sure Vivian would tell her at some point. Whilst she was waiting though, she decided she was gonna try to make some more progress herself. Something she'd realised is now she was working with Vivian, writing felt a little easier somehow. She felt less pressure to get it all done on her own. It was a big change for her, but definitely a welcome one.

Taylor placed her cup in the sink before going and sitting at the piano. She placed the phone in front of her, taking a deep breath before clicking the record button.

She hummed softly as she played a tune, it was something she'd thrown together a while ago but still hadn't thought of any lyrics for it until now.

"But can you tell me now you're the lucky one? Oh, oh, oh..."
Taylor continued to hum for a moment before beginning to sing again,
"And your lover in the foyer doesn't even know you, and your secrets end up splashed on the news front page"

The blonde laughed dryly at that lyric. It's something she knew all too well. She felt like she couldn't go anywhere without the paparazzi trying to figure out the things about her private life, especially relationships. It got pretty exhausting.

"And they tell you that you're lucky but you're so confused. 'Cus you don't feel pretty you just feel used."

That's also something Taylor had felt a lot, in multiple ways, whether it be by the media, or 'friends' or ex-boyfriends. The latter being what made her feel like that the most recently. Especially during intimate situations. They never made her feel pretty, and by the end, she felt used. It was a horrible cycle she was far too used to. Taylor hummed for a moment, a placeholder for when she couldn't think of a lyric, before continuing again,