Chapter 7

January 21st 2012

The rest of the week passed relatively quickly. Vivian and Taylor continued to work on the new album, but something seemed a little off with Taylor after that Monday night. Vivian hoped Taylor wasn't worried about what she'd think of her. Maybe she'd bring it up at some point. She didn't know.

___

Vivian had gotten up early, feeling a little anxious about the party at Taylor's. She wasn't used to going to parties. She'd usually avoid them if she could. But for some reason she couldn't say no to Taylor. She didn't really have a proper reasoning for it. She just liked seeing Taylor happy.

She paced her room, beginning to feel a little lightheaded.

"Fuck..." She grumbled, sitting on the edge of her bed, "I'm gonna regret this later..."

Vivian stared at her closet, trying to figure out what to wear. She didn't want it to be anything too over the top. Not that she owned anything like that. Although, she wasn't sure she had anything suitable for a party anyway. She was pretty sure she'd never gone to a party her entire life. She would've asked Julius for advice, but she also didn't want to bother him.

Vivian fell back onto her bed. She rolled over onto her side. She didn't need to get ready yet. It was basically 8am and she didn't need to be at Taylor's until the afternoon. She didn't need to panic about it now.

Vivian ended up getting a few more hours of sleep getting up again at 11. She'd quickly showered, finally picking out an outfit to wear. She was wearing some ripped jeans with fishnets underneath as well as a black cropped shirt that she'd bleached a moth design onto.

Vivian checked her phone as she grabbed some food from the kitchen. She quickly opened her messages.

Vivian smiled at her phone

Vivian smiled at her phone. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad after all? She could just stay with Taylor the entire time and avoid talking to anyone else. At least, she hoped she could. 

The next hour passed quickly as Vivian mentally prepared herself for the party. She stood opposite the mirror, trying to fix her hair (tying it up when she'd decided that it didn't look good. She sent a quick message to Taylor, telling her she was on her way before slipping her phone into her pocket.

When she arrived at Taylor's her anxiety seemed to get a lot worse. She'd gotten to the door and had frozen there for a moment, hearing people inside. Vivian took a deep breath, her heart racing a little as she knocked on the door. However, she found that as she saw Taylor's face all that anxiety slipped away. 

"Via! Come in!" Taylor smiled, grabbing Vivian's hand and basically dragging her inside.

Vivian didn't say anything for a moment, she just looked at Taylor. She was wonderstruck. Taylor looked gorgeous.

The blonde was wearing a simple dark red dress that fit her perfectly. There wasn't anything special about it but Vivian found it insanely attractive.

"Viaaa? You okay there?" Taylor smiled, snapping Vivian out off her thoughts.

"Yeah- sorry- I'm fine" Vivian smiled sheepishly, feeling her face begin to burn.

"You sure? You were zoned out for a while then"

"Mhm! Very sure. Like I said, parties aren't really my thing, so I'm trying to adjust to it." Vivian wasn't exactly lying.

"Oh right!" Taylor immediately jumped to another topic, "Come with me, I wanna introduce you to Sel and Hayley!"

"Alright!" Vivian laughed slightly at Taylor's excitement.

Taylor dragged Vivian around introducing her to everyone there. Many of them seemed quite sweet, and Vivian had started to warm up with them slightly, having small conversations with a few of them. She was sat talking to Lex, one of the people Taylor had introduced her to, when she noticed a familiar face from across the room. Although she couldn't say it was a familiar face she was glad to see. She quickly turned her head back to Lex, trying to distract herself with conversation again, but she could tell that the woman was approaching them.

"Via! I haven't seen you in ages!" The blue haired woman shamelessly interrupted the conversation.

Both Vivian and Lex's demeanors immediately changed, Lex seeming a little defencive and Vivian practically shrinking under the woman's stare.

"Yeah... Hey Azura" Vivian forced a smile, fiddling with the ripped fabric on her jeans.

"How have you been?" Azura continued, ignoring how uncomfortable both Vivian and Lex seemed.

"I've been great..." Vivian mumbled, not looking Azura in the eyes.

"So have I! We really need to talk more! I missed hanging out with you!"

"Yeah... Sure." As soon as she said it, Vivian regretted it. She knew if Julius was there, he'd probably yell a few curses and then drag her out of there.

"Great! I'll talk to you later!" Azura winked at Vivian as she walked off.

"God I hate her.." Lex grumbled, taking a sip of her drink.

"So do I," Vivian sighed, "She is not a great person.."

Lex nodded, "I have no clue why she's even here. I'm pretty sure the only person at this party who's actually friends with her is Karlie."

Vivian shrugged, "She likes the attention, whether it's positive or negative."

"Makes sense, you know." Lex nodded, "If she bothers you again tonight, come find me. She doesn't talk to me because she knows I won't hold back"

"I'll keep that in mind, thank you" Vivian smiled appreciatively.

"Viaaaaaaa" Vivian turned her head as she heard Taylor's voice.

"Tayyyyyyy" Vivian smiled as Taylor scrunched her nose up.

"Hi Lex!" Taylor smiled at Lex as she stood behind Vivian, wrapping her arms around the dark haired girls shoulders.

Vivian placed her hand on Taylor's arm, "You okay there?"

"Yepppppp" Taylor giggled, "Just a little tipsy"

"Mhmmm, i don’t know how much I believe that, Tay"

"Yeah, you're a lot more than tipsy, blondie" Lex added.

"Shhhhh"

Vivian rolled her eyes at Taylor's antics.

"Alright, I'm gonna go find my girlfriend, I'll talk to you two later!" Lex got up, smiling at the two.

Taylor stayed where she was, placing her head on top of Vivian's, "Are you having fun?"

"I am, actually" Vivian smiled, deciding she wouldn't bring up Azura. She was having fun after all. Plus, it'd probably be nothing, and if it wasn't, she'd tell Taylor or Lex. She was just glad she wasn't the only one who had issues with her.

________________________

Dear Reader,

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I'm sorry if it seems a little rushed!

Also i thought I'd mention it but the Speak Now world tour doesn't happen in this universe purely for the sake of plot (and I didn't plan ahead of time)

If you guys have anything you wanna see me write, let me know :)