Chapter 8

January 21st 2012

Vivian actually enjoyed the rest of the party, despite having a very drunk Taylor clinging onto her. She had become friends with a couple of people there as well, the majority of them being quite nice. She'd gotten a few phone numbers, including Lex's and their girlfriend's, so she could hang out with them some time. Somehow, she'd also managed to avoid Azura for the rest of the night.

As it got later in the afternoon, everyone had left, except Vivian. Taylor was still practically clinging onto the younger woman. Vivian didn't mind it though, even if she wasn't normally the most affectionate person. She already knew Taylor was clingy, but somehow she became even more clingy when she was drunk.

The two of them were sat on the couch with Taylor laying across Vivian's lap, staring up at her, "Did you have fun?"

"Mhm!" Vivian smiled, "I had a lot of fun"

"So did I, but mainly because you were here. It would've been sooooo boring without you here!"

Vivian laughed slightly, "Would it really have been that boring?"

"Yeah! You might not realise it but you're fun to be around!"

"Thank you, Tay" Her face flushed a faint pink, not noticeable in the dimly lit room. She looked at Taylor as she played with the blonde's curls.

If Taylor's face wasn't already a bright red from the alcohol she'd consumed, it definitely would've been as she felt Vivian playing with her hair, "Your hair looks cute when it's tied up"

Vivian's face flushed an even darker colour, "Thank you.."

Neither of them said anything for a while, just sitting in a comfortable silence. Taylor found herself getting lost in Vivian's eyes. She gazed into her eyes for a while, practically drowning in Vivian's turquoise eyes. They were so gorgeous Taylor was pretty sure she could sink and drown and die in them yet still be content.

"Can you stay here tonight?..." Taylor spoke quietly, looking away from Vivian.

"Mhm, I can stay if you'd like me to" Vivian gently placed her hand over Taylor's.

"Please..."

"Alright, I'll stay"

"I don't wanna stay on the couch though" Taylor mumbled, rolling off of Vivian, and grabbing her hand, "c'mon, you can take some clothes from the spare room again"

Vivian had gotten changed, but kept her crop top on, deciding it was comfortable enough. She was going to sleep in the spare room, not sure if Taylor was okay with anything else. But the blonde quickly dragged her into her own room, pulling them onto the bed next to her.

Taylor shifted closer to Vivian, staring at the tattoos on their arm. She smiled slightly as she traced the vine of the tattoo with her finger, causing Vivian to shiver.

After a moment, the blonde shifted closer to Vivian again, wrapping her arms around them.

"Get some sleep, Tay. You need it." Vivian whispered quietly, placing a soft kiss on the top of Taylor's head.

"Mkayyy, nighty night Via" Taylor mumbled against Vivian's collarbone, quickly drifting off to sleep.

"Goodnight love" Vivian sighed quietly. She realised she hadn't let Julius know she was staying over, but he'd probably realised by now. Plus, she didn't want to accidentally wake Taylor by trying to grab her phone. Taylor definitely needed the rest, seeing as she'd probably have a horrible hangover in the morning.

___

January 22nd 2012

Taylor groaned as she woke up, rubbing her eyes. She didn't remember much from the previous night, she remembered some of the party, mainly hanging around Vivian and asking them to stay the night. She sat up a little after realising Vivian was no longer next to her, the space where they had been laying now cold.

She pushed herself out of bed, her head pounding, as she made her way out of her room.

"Via?" Taylor called, noticing the younger woman in the as she got to the living room.

"Oh! Hey Tay! Sorry, if I woke you up at all, I thought I'd make us some breakfast" Vivian gestured to the pancakes she was making, "I also made you some coffee, it's just on the table there"

A smile quickly spread across Taylor's face, "Thank you, Via. You really didn't need to, though."

Vivian just shook her head as Taylor sat at the table,
"I wanted to, blondie. I kinda guessed you'd have a shitty hangover and wanted to do something for you."

"Thank you again." Taylor was still smiling as she took a sip of her coffee, "You aren't hungover?"

Vivian shook her head, "I don't drink alcohol, never have to be honest. But don't worry too much, I made sure I was hydrated last night"

Taylor nodded in understanding, "I'm glad you stayed hydrated otherwise I would've forced you to drink a glass of water right here in front of me."

Vivian was a little surprised that Taylor didn't ask about why she doesn't drink, but she appreciated it either way. They let out a soft laugh at Taylor's comment, "Glad you care about me that much"

"Trust me, I do."

"I believe you, and I care about you too"

"Thank you for saying that" Taylor smiled up at Vivian as they brought some pancakes over to the table. Taylor quickly thanked Vivian again as they sat down too.

Taylor would admit that she didn't expect Vivian to be amazing at cooking or baking, but the pancakes were delicious. They were probably some of the best pancakes she'd ever had (besides her mothers). The blonde made a quick mental note to ask Vivian to bake with her sometime. She could only imagine how chaotic it'd be. But it'd definitely be fun.

"I don't think I'm gonna be doing anything productive today" Taylor mumbled under her breath, causing Vivian to laugh.

"Well would you like any company during your not very productive day?"
Vivian offered.

"You know, some company could be nice, especially if it's your company"

"I'm flattered, blondie"

"Is that my new nickname now, huh?"

"Yeppp, and you can thank Lex for that" Vivian giggled.

"Of course it was Lex" Taylor sighed. She wasn't actually upset though, and Vivian could tell too. Taylor didn't mind the nickname at all, especially if it was coming from Vivian.

She didn't mind it at all.