Chapter 12

TRIGGER WARNING: This chapter discusses abuse and sexual assault, if either of these things trigger you, do not read this chapter.

February 18th 2012

Taylor felt like she hadn't spoken to Vivian properly in weeks. The only time they'd message was if they were talking about meeting up at the studio to record, and when they were at the studio, Taylor could tell that there was something off with Vivian. She was more quiet than normal, and she wasn't enthusiastic about recording either. It was obvious how exhausted Vivian was as well. She'd been messing up a lot more whilst they were in the studio and she overall just looked exhausted.

Taylor missed when her and Vivian would burst into laughter whilst recording. Or when they'd stay up late texting. She missed Vivian's smile and the nights where they'd get done with recording and Taylor would invite Vivian over. She missed it a lot. She felt like Vivian was the one person she could trust the most. She missed the Vivian that she knew.

Taylor sighed pacing the living room. She knew she had to do something. She couldn't just sit here when she knew something was going on, even if Vivian wouldn't tell her what it was.

A sudden knocking on the door pulled her from her thoughts.

She quickly opened the door and her eyes widened when she saw Vivian stood there. But that wasn't all. The younger woman was in tears, and she had blood on her face, as well as a light bruise.

"Via?..." Taylor's voice broke as she spoke.

"Sorry- Uhm-" Vivian choked out as she wiped her eyes, "Can- Can I come in?.."

Taylor nodded, stepping back as she let Vivian in. She was speechless. What had happened.

"Via. What happened?" Taylor frowned.

"It's nothing, Taylor.." Vivian mumbled as she stood there awkwardly.

"Vivian. You and I both know that's absolute bullshit."

"Taylor..." Vivian sighed, "I- I don't want to talk about it right now, okay?"

"Alright. But can I at least clean any cuts on your face?"

Vivian nodded silently and followed Taylor into the kitchen. She sat up on the counter as Taylor grabbed a first aid kit from the cupboard and began to pull stuff out of it.

"This might sting a little, alright?" Taylor spoke softly, placing one of her hands on top of Vivian's.

"Alright.." Vivian mumbled.

As Taylor carefully wiped away the blood with an alcohol wipe, the younger woman winced slightly, her breathing uneven

"Alright.. That should be okay. Have you got any cuts anywhere else I need to clean?"

"Not any-" Vivian cut herself off quickly, "No I uh- I don't"

"Okay" Taylor threw the wipes away but left the first aid kit on the counter, "Wanna watch something?"

"Sure" Vivian nodded, refusing to meet Taylor's gaze. She jumped down from the counter, walking over to the couch with Taylor.

The two sat in silence for a while, watching whatever random shows they could find. Despite originally sitting on the other end of the couch, Vivian found herself right next to Taylor, resting against the blonde. She wasn't sure how long it had been since she felt this relaxed. It was a nice change.

Vivian wasn't quite sure when she'd fallen asleep, but she woke up as Taylor placed them down in her bed. She opened her eyes slightly as Taylor began to walk away.