Chapter 57 - Currently Thinking (5)

Cale responded to Toonka's words by pointing at Toonka and starting to speak.

"Are you and your crew not also crazy for trying to flip everything over?"

Toonka's smile ended up turning into laughter.

"Hahahaha-"

It was so loud that it echoed around the islands. Toonka finally stopped laughing after a while and started to shake his head as he responded to Cale.

"No. Not at all."

Toonka's gaze was cold as he stopped laughing and glared at Cale.

"We are not crazy at all."

Cale knew that Toonka would respond like that. Toonka was certain that the non-mages were the right choice for the future of the Whipper Kingdom. He was going to prove it with results.

"Of course. I am the same."

Toonka slowly observed Cale, who was saying that he was also not crazy. After observing Cale for a while, he finally started to speak.

"Personally come to buy it."

Toonka did not say that he could not destroy the Magic Tower or that he had no plans on destroying it.

"That was always the plan."

Cale did not think that Toonka's subordinates would say anything about Toonka making the decision on his own for Cale to come to purchase the Magic Tower.

The Whipper Kingdom was the greatest source of magic devices in the Western Continent. That meant that it wouldn't be wrong to say that the kingdom's money came from the mages and the magic devices.

Money would be the biggest issue once the non-mage faction won the civil war. Furthermore, they desired to get rid of any and all traces of magic in the Whipper Kingdom.

Cale was aiming for that moment.

'The crown prince will like it for a different reason though.'

The Magic Tower that Toonka and crew would think had nothing left inside would actually hold the treasure that the non-mages were dying to obtain.

"But how did you know that I was part of the non-mage faction?"

Sigh.

Cale let out another long sigh at Toonka's question. That made Toonka flinch, and Cale did not miss that moment to answer.

"You are someone from the Whipper Kingdom that is currently on the brink of a civil war. You then looked like you would kill me if I said I was a mage. Who wouldn't think of the non-mage faction?"
"...I guess?"

Cale just turned away from Toonka after hearing his response. Cale was thinking about how Toonka could be so stupid in general yet so sharp and naturally intelligent in battle.

However, Toonka seemed to have become even more interested, as he approached Cale.

"Why are you coming here?"

Toonka did not stop at Cale's blunt question.

"Seems like you're about to do something fun. I want to watch."

He really had stupidly great instincts. Cale waved his hand.

"Just go over there and play with the whirlpool. I'm busy."
"Are you really a noble?"

Toonka continued to be amazed by Cale. Toonka thought that the noble named Amiru was quite relaxed for a noble, but it was nothing compared to this punk in front of him right now. Talking so informally to a noble would usually lead to a lot of trouble, but Toonka could not help but speak informally to the noble in front of him.