Chapter 167 - Perhaps (2)

So vicious.
That was the thought in Cale's mind as soon as he heard that phrase.

Flip.
The crazy priestess quickly flipped through the pages. She continued to speak after looking through all of the pages.

"All of them. Every single page says the same thing."
"...It looked like a regular essay to the others and me."

Of course, the original contents were not, 'regular,' per se, but it did not give off such an ominous aura.

Bang. Bang.
Cale, who had been trying to figure out what was going on, sighed after seeing Raon continue to banging on the window and opened it for him. Raon quickly entered and shouted out loud.

"I've got a bad feeling about this!"

He then sat down right next to Cale and stared at the book in Cage's hand. Cage blankly watched Raon's actions before starting to speak again after seeing Cale's gaze.

"To be honest with you, I cannot actually read what is on here. The collection of foreign characters makes me think of that statement in my mind."

Cale asked once he saw that Cage had finished what she was trying to say.

"What does it mean to kill death?"

The priestess shook her head.

"I'm not sure. What a complicated book. The author's name of, 'A Heartfelt Death,' is total bullshit though."

Cage's words became rougher as she continued. She continued to swear before stopping herself, letting out a fake cough, and then continuing to speak.

"There is a book of the God of Death's words in the Church of the God of Death. They have deciphered the words in the book and use it as the God of Death's teachings."
"Does that book have a similar phrase?"

Cage smiled at Cale, who always understood what she was trying to say, before continuing to speak.

"That is not the case. However, it is said that the God of Death said the following."

She recalled the contents she was forced to memorize before she could go to bed as a child. The priests only let her sleep if she memorized all of it.

"Death is not the end."

That was what the God of Death had said about life.

"We are given two choices after death. The right path and the twisted path."

Shhhhhhh-
A black light surrounded the book again.

Both Cale and the priestess flinched, but she calmly continued to speak.

"The moment you enter the twisted path, you will be given another choice to make at the end of that path."

Flip.
The book started to turn pages on its own before stopping on a specific page.
Cale opened his mouth to ask Cage what was written on the page. However, the rough words coming out of crazy priestess Cage's mouth made him close his mouth back up.

"You crazy god."

Cale flinched while Cage started to speak.

"Are you curious about the method to kill death? It is asking that question again. Are you curious?"

Cale responded back.

"Not at all."

He truly was not curious at all.
He thought that this would be a treasure, but it ended up just being a terrible item.

"Yes, human. There is no need to keep such a dangerous item."

Raon patted Cale's arm with his short front paw and snickered as if he was telling Cale that he did a good job. Cale held back his sigh at Raon's action.
He had asked Eruhaben about divine items on their way back from the Empire. Eruhaben had shaken his head at that time.