Chapter 92 - If I have to Move (2)

The large Whales swimming across the horizon suddenly disappeared. Instead, a single person appeared in front of Cale.

"Young master Cale, long time no see."
"Good to see you as well, Paseton."

The mixed-blooded Whale, Paseton. Only, the small Humpback Whale turned into his human form so that he could appear in front of Cale and company. Raon, Choi Han, and Rosalyn were the only ones with Cale on this now dark cliff.

"Why did you suddenly call for us?"

Paseton moved his gaze to the conch shell in Cale's hand. They were in the middle of fighting with the mermaids, but had to come over after hearing Cale's call.

The signal Cale had sent was, 'Urgent.' It was a noise that only the Whale beast people could hear.

"Do you need our strength already?"

One of the conditions of Cale's deal with the Whales was that he would be able to use their strength.
Cale got right to the point in order to answer Paseton's question.

"I found out the organization that is helping the mermaids."
"...Excuse me?"

Cale's unexpected answer made Paseton's face stiffen up.

The Whales were already having major headaches from the people who had taken over Hais Island 5 and were helping the mermaids out in the dark. It was not that they were very strong, but the fact that the mermaids had help was concerning.

"One of my subordinates was injured badly while figuring that out. I contacted you because we need to quickly take care of his mermaid poison and because I thought you should know the information."

However, Paseton had a question after hearing Cale's comments.

"Young master Cale, why were you looking into that?"

Cale closed his mouth for a second. A rare, awkward smile was on his face.

"Just because I was concerned."

Raon was not invisible, but chose to speak into Cale's mind anyway.

– You're doing it again.

However, Cale just ignored it and started to look annoyed.

"With the mermaids getting stronger thanks to the Forest of Darkness that is by our territory, I wanted to help somehow, even though I knew the strong Whales would be able to take care of it."

Paseton thought that the expression on Cale's face was one of embarrassment. Cale had a similar expression when he had helped get rid of the mermaid poison in his leg.

Many emotions quickly went through the handsome Paseton's eyes. His beautiful eyes were very clear, even underneath the dark night sky.
Cale turned his head away.

"I see."
"It's not like we are strangers."

He casually answered before making eye contact with the others.

Rosalyn and Choi Han were staring at Cale. Their eyes easily revealed what they wanted to say.

'Isn't that different from the truth?'

Paseton then started to speak.

"Thank you very much, young master-nim. You are helping us out again after saving my life last time."

Cale still didn't look back toward Paseton. He could see Rosalyn and Choi Han asking him with their gazes.

'When did you save this person?'

Cale ignored their gazes while Rosalyn and Choi Han did not ask their questions aloud. In fact, Rosalyn opened her mouth to say something else.

"Young master Cale headed over here as soon as he learned of the information. We needed to quickly take care of the mermaid poison, but he thought we needed to let the Whale tribe know this information as quickly as possible."