Chapter 116 - Great and Mighty (4)

Cale walked toward Pendrick, who was standing there without being able to say anything.

"Did you decide what you will do with Balbud?"
"That..."
"Difficult to decide?"

Pendrick nodded his head.

The Elven philosophy dictated that they should execute Balbud and the rest of the prisoners. However, it would be disappointing to execute them right away without gathering any information from them beforehand.

"I would like to make a suggestion."
"A suggestion?"

Cale started to smile toward Pendrick, who was confused but also had some expectations toward what Cale would say. Pendrick would definitely remember how Cale mentioned, 'Arm,' and the, 'Eastern Continent.' Since this was new information that Cale did not share in front of the Chief, Pendrick would want to gather more information like this, if possible.

'There are no other races like the Elves that are so thorough with getting revenge.'

The Elves considered them to be an elegant race that was better than other races. That was the reason they were not materialistic. They believed that living in nature without materialistic greed made them better than other races, like the humans. Maybe that was why, but the Elves were thorough with making sure to get revenge on any enemies that choose to provoke them. In this aspect, the Elves probably resembled Dragons more than the Dark Elves. After all, the Dragons were an even more arrogant race than the Elves.

Cale turned his gaze toward Balbud. Beacrox was thoroughly tightening the chains on his arms and legs.

"What about passing Balbud off to someone else?"

Pendrick's expression became odd. This did not seem to be the result he had wanted.

"Do you mean pass him off to you, young master-nim?"

The Elves knew they had already asked a lot of Cale, but they were hoping that Cale would step in.

The Elf Village currently did not have enough Elementals to even restore the valley. Furthermore, they needed to be prepared in case the organization came back to attack again. Although they were lacking manpower, they also wanted to get their revenge.

Pendrick held back his expectations and waited for Cale's response. He thought it would be good if Cale stepped in. You could not find such a righteous person anywhere in the world.

"No."
"Excuse me?"

However, a completely unexpected answer came out of Cale's mouth. If he was not going to take Balbud, who would?

The confusion was clearly visible on Pendrick's face.

"I want you to first discuss my suggestion with the Chief-nim. I will give you the details if you all decide to go along with my suggestion."
"...Will it be with a trustworthy person?"

Pendrick could see Cale nod his head without any hesitation.

"Yes, it is a trustworthy person."

It was because Cale had the person's weakness in his hands. Cale recalled the video communication device that was stuck deep inside his magic bag. He had not had to think about it for a while. He was annoyed with the secret organization and hated them. However, he did not want to step up to deal with them. It was obvious that doing so would lead to a lot of headaches.

"So, think about it and give me an answer by this evening. I will be leaving tomorrow because there are things I still need to do."

Pendrick observed Cale's back as Cale started to walk away after patting him on the shoulder.