Half-Measure

" We've been found out, we can't allow anymore information to slip through. Anyone that is suspicious of leaking any info through, we dispose of them, next I called you here because I need you to protect another client. The name is Desmond, he's big in politics, you should know who he is. We fear that the reason why spies are here are because they want to capture or terminate him, I need you to protect him when we call on you. Your newbie, save her last mission for this one. I'm sure you know who Twilight is, the best spy ever, they say. We believe that he's here and planning to get Desmond, once you finish this mission, I'll give you the ability to quit, with pay matter of fact. If you fail the mission, you're more than likely dead. If you succeed this mission, him and any followers are dead. I can entrust you with this mission, can't I Yor?"

" Yes ma'am, I'll be on duty whenever you ask!"

4 hours Earlier

" Well I've never been called that directly, if that's something they call me then I'm not sure. I've never been called that ever." Loid sighed in relief and smiled, he laid down and Yor cuddled up to him and rubbed herself on his arm," It's a little chilly in here." Yor's eyes slowly closed and her shoulders softened, her chest heaved up and down slowly. Loid smiled and closed his eyes. A couple hours passed and Yor gets up and got dressed, Yor goes back into Loid's room and put her hand on his head," I'll try and make us normal, if I retire you'll be safe. I'll retire, today." Yor ran out of the room and shut the door, she went out the front door and started walking.

--------------------------------

" There you are Yor! I've been for quite a while, you asked for meeting though, is that right?" Yor stood still on the grass, with the wind blowing softly through her hair," Yes, I have. I wanted to retire, I'm done with this business." The women looked at Yor for a second and looked towards the horizon as the sun slowly came up again," Yor see, I can't do that right now as there is a huge problem with everything logistical. There's been something happening with the spies, and someone leaked where the Garden was and that's a problem. For the safety for everyone here I need everyone to stay until this spy business is concluded, but you are an exception to this rule because I know you wouldn't. You're to good at what you do, even if you told the authorities, they would've arrested you and charged with every crime under the sun. I just need one more mission from you, it's urgent. So I'm going to repeat what I just said with mission details, alright?"

Yor came back home to Loid sitting on the couch, it was 6:30 in the morning," I wanna ask you something, you ask to sleep in the same room, but now that I wake up you're gone for 4 hours. Where were you?" Yor bowed her head," I'm sorry, I was busy with work and I didn't tell you because you were sleeping. Sorry Loid." Loid sighed and stood up, and walked over to Yor until he was towering over. Loid lifted his hand, and Yor tensed up and shut her eyes. Yor felt a weight on the top of her head, Loid patted her head and used his other hand to lift her chin up," You're...fine, just let me know next time. I want to keep you safe ok?" Loid put his hand down by his side," Y..Yeah, alright." Yor just stood there with Loid, silence enveloped the room," S..Sorry! I'm not so good with conversations like these ones." Loid put his hand on her shoulder," I've tried dating before, but I'm not much better than you still."

Yor pulled away blushing," Anyways, you want to have breakfast. Just the two of us?" Loid smiled," Sure, I'll help you. We both know how you cook breakfast, and it's... not stellar." Yor punched Loid in the side playfully," If you want to help, quit that." Yor laughed, they entered the kitchen and started cooking. " I've always wondered how you took care of Yuri, money wise. I don't know many jobs that actually allow kids to work." Yor slowly mixed the pancake batter and smiled," I worked neighborhood jobs, I was always busy as they never paid much. Babysitting, washing cars, mowing lawns, etc. Never really worked a real job until I moved here, to work in the city hall."